OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

Black0ut

So being the funny guy I am, took the songs Age of Oppression and Age of Aggression from Skyrim and fitted them up for X2.

Age of Oppression
We drink to our youth, for the days come and gone.
For the age of oppression is now nearly done.
We'll drive out the Advent from this land that we own.
With our blood and our guns we will take back our home.

Raise cheer for Atka! Our fearless leader!
In your great honor we drink and we sing.
We're the children of Earth, and we fight all our lives.
And when the heavens beckons, everyone of us dies!
But this land is ours and we'll see it wiped clean.
Of the scourge that has sullied our hopes and our dreams!

Raise cheer for Atka! Our fearless leader!
In your great honor we drink and we sing.
We're the children of Terra, and we fight all our lives.
And when the heavens beckons, everyone of us dies!

We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.
For the age of oppression is now nearly done.

Age of Aggression
We drink to our troops, for the days here and now.
For the age of aggression is just about done.
We will hunt down XCOM and restore what we claimed.
With our goo and our guns we'll take back our prize.

Down with XCOM! The thorn in our side!
On the day of your death we will drink and we'll sing.
We're slaves to the Elders, and we fight all our lives.
And when Vekente beckons, everyone of us dies!
But this land is ours and we'll see it wiped clean.
Of the scourge that has sullied our plans and our teams!

Down with XCOM! The thorns in our side!
On the day of your death we will drink and we'll sing.
We're slaves to the Elders, and we fight all our lives.
And when Vekente beckons, everyone of us dies!

We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.
For the age of aggression is just about done.

Noice.jpg

DarkGemini24601

Step back for a moment and consider what would happen if we didn't purge ALL the xenos. (Found this on the subreddit and it was an interesting read.)

image.jpg

DarkGemini24601

Hey Frost? Do you want to get weak in the knees? Here's some factoids about the Chryssalids that make them absolutely horrific in XCOM2, collected from all known data.

1. In Legend (Impossible) Difficulty, they now have 13 HP and one point of Armor (Damage Reduction). Thanks Mark.
  2. They can double move and attack similar to the Ranger's slash.
  3. Speaking of attacks, every attack they do (at least on Legend) appears to be 6 DMG.
  4. Your soldiers might have move health, but they poison on every attack.
  5. And guess what? That poison will turn the affected person into a cocoon if they die to it.
  6. Chryssalid Cocoons spawn a chryssalid every turn for 3 turns.
  7. Chryssalids can burrow btw, and are seemingly active if they're created in the fog of war.
  8. If you walk within a blue move of a burrowed chryssalid, they can unburrow and attack you...
  9. ON YOUR TURN.
  10. Oh and in general they look terrifying.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Hey Frost? Do you want to get weak in the knees? Here's some factoids about the Chryssalids that make them absolutely horrific in XCOM2, collected from all known data.

1. In Legend (Impossible) Difficulty, they now have 13 HP and one point of Armor (Damage Reduction). Thanks Mark.
  3. Speaking of attacks, every attack they do (at least on Legend) appears to be 6 DMG.
  5. And guess what? That poison will turn the affected person into a cocoon if they die to it.
  7. Chryssalids can burrow btw, and are seemingly active if they're created in the fog of war.
  8. If you walk within a blue move of a burrowed chryssalid, they can unburrow and attack you...
  9. ON YOUR TURN.
At least cocoon-born chryssalids only have 6 HP and 1 DR (to start at least)... that makes me less mortified.
zerg_rush_by_banjo2e.jpg

Dahlexpert

9. ON YOUR TURN.

I'm going to keep saying this, i'm goiing to keep saying this until it's not true. ITS NOT FAAAAAAAAIR.

Taxor_the_First

9. ON YOUR TURN.
Yeah I know you just said that we wouldn't have to purge ALL the aliens...
I don't care what any of you say, that shit is most definitely on the "purge" list. And it is most definitely not coming off.

BMPixy

9. ON YOUR TURN.

Well, on the bright side, they'll be fun to play with in multiplayer. For the one using them, at least.

Frostlich1228

But... But... But...

They do less damage per hit than in X-com Enemy Unknown. (They hit for exactly 7)

And you can kill the cocoons by shooting them!

I still love them. <3

DarkGemini24601

I'm going to keep saying this, i'm goiing to keep saying this until it's not true. ITS NOT FAAAAAAAAIR.
I want to like your post but I can't. @Sarge Both me and Tax have been having issues with the rating subbar not showing up at all. Not sure why that is.
Yeah I know you just said that we wouldn't have to purge ALL the aliens...
I don't care what any of you say, that shit is most definitely on the "purge" list. And it is most definitely not coming off.
Agreed.
Well, on the bright side, they'll be fun to play with in multiplayer. For the one using them, at least.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. I can't wait to use them to kick Bobo's butt.
But... But... But...

They do less damage per hit than in X-com Enemy Unknown. (They hit for exactly 7)

And you can kill the cocoons by shooting them!

I still love them. <3
The cocoons have like 25-30 HP if not more, you have little to fear. It's quite bullshit actually.

And their damage might be variable, I only saw one hit.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
so likes and so don't work? no problem i am looking into it. the problem we have this we need to badly badly update the forum software. i will check out the issue.

thank