X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I just love how we go into the smallest detail, I have to be honest here, I dont think there is anything wrong with it, but then again you do have to respect the privacy of others and some dont want that, so there should be a shower for all, but a private shower for those who want it.

and I dont really think we will be writting text long journals about being in the shower, or are we?

I'm not saying anyone will be perverted, just that it opens up the possibility. I was speaking on behalf of my in-game persona. I, the out of character individual typing on the computer right now, doubt anyone here would be so perverted, but Ayame, on the other hand, has reason to mistrust men when in such a vulnerable position, both because of what was revealed in her bio, and for reasons that will be revealed in future memory logs. This fear will be reflected in my next logs.

.....but no, I don't think anyone will do anything obscene, I was just joking.

Aristeus

I wonder if most people read these posts. (I think not) Because there is a lot posted everyday and the think thank was a bit "hidden".
So most things we discuss here we have to bring out to our journals, so that most people who don't have time or whatever to read the think thank can still know of the small details. And just go allong with it.

That is ofcource only the case when not a lot of people read these posts.

Jhon Markith

I know this might be early, but what if after the alien base is destroyed the soldiers have a party and we write what happens in the journals(the journals are obvious, it was the party I wanted out there.)
unce unce unce

Frostlich1228

Someone suggested last Season about an Attack on the base, Real Later in the Story.

What do you think about that idea?

Jhon Markith

I just think there should be something big at the base, or 2 somethings or more,
something to make things more interesting

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
A quick note about the posts we make. Remember that the idea is to be in-character, and because some characters (like mine) can be a bit.....lets say, disagreeable, with troubled pasts and personality disorders (like heterophobia and agraphobia, to name a few completely random examples), they aren't always going to be nice to one another, and our posts are going are going to display this. These posts reflect (or should reflect) how a character feels in the situation, not how the person making the posts feel.

From a personal stand point, if I ever have a problem with something you post regarding Ayame, I'll say so on your personal page, not in the logs. Otherwise, if Ayame says your character did something wrong, it doesn't mean I personally think you did something wrong.

AaronBryant

Standard military organizations would likely have everyone in one big room together, but X-COM isn't exactly "standard". I'd assume such an organization would anticipate a need for different sized rooms for the needs of such a diverse array of soldiers. Thus, rooms would vary from two to eight, depending on how well soldiers get along with others (as well as gender, obviously).

Bathrooms and showers would likely be public. This hopefully goes with out saying, but there would obviously be a schedualed time of woman only, so no peaking, anata henshitsu-sha no taba.

Yeah, just ignore 'em. Odd's got enough to worry about without having to micromanage. I'm not even going to reference them.

Ayame's size limits her efficiency with heavy weapons with large recoils, but she has compensates for this by being especially proficient in smaller weapons. As such, she hasn't had much use for shotguns and large assault rifles, but is great with smaller rifles, SMGs, and handguns. She's a master sniper, and is one of the deadliest soldiers you can find with an AM rifle. She's also a black belt in five different martial arts styles and is trained with swords and staffs, but I doubt that'll come into play on the battlefield.

SWORDS U SAY well ill have you know Aaron Bryant was just onhis way to "sharpen" his longsword skills in the gym id love to have a dancing partner respectfully but no seriously id love to have a duel with ayame if your cool with that

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
SWORDS U SAY well ill have you know Aaron Bryant was just onhis way to "sharpen" his longsword skills in the gym id love to have a dancing partner respectfully but no seriously id love to have a duel with ayame if your cool with that

I'd be up for it, but give Ayame some time to adjust to her settings. Whether Aaron follows swordsmanship as a pursuit or a hobby, Ayame had the Eighteen Arms of Wushu literally beaten into her, proficient in all forms but specializing in Gun-shu (staffs) and, of course, Jian-shu (straight swords). She is deadly with a Gim, a Ninja-to, and a Wakizashi (as well as a Fung For Lung, but that was more of a personal pursuit), and takes her training very serious. She hasn't had a proper sparing partner in four years, and thus hasn't swung a sword without the intent to kill in just as long (with the obvious exception of training dummies, its nothing personal with them).

Combining how serious she is with her training, her inexperience sparing with others, and her heterophobia, I'd hate for Aaron to expect a friendly match, only for her to snap and go too far (hopefully they have Kendo Swords). So...yeah, give her a week or two.

AaronBryant

i was kinda hoping for a big match Aarons main style is western longsword dual wield or sword and shield or two handed he was shwon your biography by stevie the computer guy and has to ask he expects nothing less than the best if ayame says no o him he willunderstand i still would like to bring it up with ayame however and have the natural reaction of her thrown at him aaron is brash out of battle and eager to train. :) if his ass gets kicked he would never blame her he was the one who brought it up and no doubt they will have all forms of training weps available. Oh and to clarify his pursuit in sword combat was started in a pursuit to understand more forms of close combat Being a commando that is the combat style most needed and had pursued it before that point as a way to understand himself and other to him it is less about the actualy combat and more about the intamacy that one gains to another person when he or she goes blade to blade with another its a pure expression of ones self and he does it as much for the need to keep his skills up as to learn and make very close bonds with others

Grelite

Wow, that is a gross violation of protocol. Sharing confidential data with random soldiers. Stevie should be fired.

Suryce

Game Master
PrismaCube was asking about tips the other day, and while I am debuting myself in this role-playing game, I just thought of something: reference material.

For example, if you like anime and have some free time, there is an anime series called Attack On Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) that is currently being broadcasted, and it has a very similar atmosphere to XCOM. Even if the setup is different (medieval steampunk), the main characters are normal soldiers using particular equipment to face against mysterious, frightening, and terribly stronger enemies. There is a lot of similarities, like the easy-to-panic soldiers, the permanent deaths, or the need to research the enemy creatures. The show insists much more on the feelings of the characters (mainly fear and despair) than the action (which is great nonetheless), and I think there is some inspiration than can be taken from that. Here is a little trailer.
If you live in an English-speaking country, you should be able to see it on Crunchyroll, and there is also Wakanim for French-speaking. (Otherwise, it is pretty easy to pirate it with some Google-fu...)

Grelite

There's a perfectly good Off-Topic section on the forums, please keep this thread to things related to ChristopherOdd's third season of X-COM.

Suryce

Game Master
Sorry, my intent was just to point out reference material that could help people with the writing of their journals (and encourage other people to do the same). I don't intend to start an actual discussion on this anime, people can do their research by themselves.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
I will bunk with you, if you want

The flags on our back dont really matter do they? Cause I want my character to be from Germany, and I know there is a mod that can change the flags, but if I want a change everbody else want's one too, aint nobody got time for that. So just asking if its ok if I ignore it, or should I change my charaters bio?

Unfortunately, I cannot change those. Imagine they are just colorful pieces of armor ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.