X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Jesse Cooper

Goddamn, I am officially losing it down here! That little Chinese girl from the hallway popped up in my room today and I was so damn afraid it was a ghost that I almost torched her. After a while, when I finally stopped screaming and she didn't turn out to be a poltergeist or something, I realized that some of the base personnel probably brought family with them (like that guy on the squad who brought his kid), and she probably wandered down here. Once things calmed down a little, I gave her a pat on the head, walked her out of my room, and sent her home with a snack (everyone loves bacon). Don't know why I thought she was a ghost or something, maybe all this talk of aliens is making me superstitious. I should probably talk to a shrink or something, make sure I'm not bonkers.

Anyway, I think I got two leads on the great bacon heist of XCOM: either Tyler Prohaska or Joseph Andrews. You see, no true red-blooded American can resist the splendor of hickory smoked ham, but I don't have any solid evidence yet. When I confronted Tyler about it, he was able to snap back a pretty clever crack about my ass, so I guess I better cut him some slack. Andrews was busy getting drunk at the time, so I don't think it was him.

Later, I went to the gym and found that, somehow, one of the large punching bags got punched off its chain and across the room! Jesus Christ, whatever monster that did that must have been at least 6 feet tall and weighed 300 pounds! Wouldn't wanna meet him in a dark alley, that's for sure.

***RECORDING ENDS***

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Audio Log, update, 11:34 p.m.

As I made my way back to my room after a shower, Aribeth suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me to an empty construction area. She wanted to know what I've been hiding, and I said she didn't know what she was talking about. She pointed out all my slip ups, and refused to let me go until I told her what my deal was. I could have overpowered her, but I was too worn out by the events of the past week to try, and I didn't even bother to lie. I gave her, what do you call them, the cliff notes, and she walked away in shock. I figured she'd just think I was crazy, and if not, I could play it off as a joke.

But then, Tyler Prohaska came to my room and said he knew I was different. This triggered a response in me, and I jumped to my feet, ready to attack. but he seemed to be there to give me some confidence in regards to my juvenile size. He also gave me some insight about us all depending on each other, and he said I could talk to him if I needed to.

As I was thinking about what he said, Andrews came in. I wasn't prepared for him, but I figured this was just as good a time as any to say I was sorry, but he suddenly started begging for forgiveness from me. I tried to tell him that I was the one who should be apologizing, but then he suddenly took a position of dogeza and begged for forgiveness like he was pleading for his life before an Emperor. I even saw tears welling up in his eyes. Wǒ zuòle zhège kělián de​​rén ma? I quickly got him to his feet before someone caught him and sent him along, telling him all was forgiven. I still feel I owed him the apologies, but he seemed relieved, and I suppose that's what really matters.

Anna walked in shortly afterwards. I hope she didn't see that bakageta display, but if she did, she kept it to herself. She smiled at me, but I could see a sadness in her eyes. "Everything alright?" she asked, and I said yeah, not wanting to burden her any more with my silly problems about my appearance. As she walked past me bed, she suddenly stopped and said "Just remember, если вы когда-нибудь, что вы должны сказать мне, я здесь для вас.", and continued to her room, sat down, and started working on her painting.

I thought of everyone who i was getting involved with. Aribeth knows a little about me now, Tyler probably has some major suspicions, and my secret has caused so many unnecessary problems for Andr....uh, for Joseph. Now Anna has been such a huge support for me, and she continues to support me, even though she knows I'm being dishonest. I can't keep lying to her, its unfair to her, and its eating away at me. I love h.....I mean, I care about her too much to keep up this sakuryaku. Every second I give her reason to distrust me is second too long.

I must tell you, even if you think of me as a monster afterwards. I, I can't anymore.....

(Sound of chair sliding, rapid walking)

.....look Anna, there...there actually is something I did want to talk to you about. Its not easy for me to say, and I'm afraid what you'll think, as well as what would happen if it becomes common knowledge, but I'm not as afraid as I am of how you'd think of me if I didn't say anything. I need some time to gather my thoughts, so tomorrow, talk to anyone else we know that you think deserves to know what I'm going to say, and we'll meet in my room after training around 1700 hours. I leave it completely up to you as to who I tell, I trust your judgement. I.....I promise I'll tell you everything then.

(Slow footsteps, Rustling of sheets, faint crying and sobbing)

.....30 Minute Auto Log Deactivation.

wolfb

Name: Lidaran bij 't Vuur
Current Rank: Recruit
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective:N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Journal Entry:

Well, that took longer than expected. Apparently it's a long way from Holland to Asia, and all the delays didn't help.
After I arrived, some men took me and the other new arrivals around the place, to show us where everything was. The weird thing is, even though this is my first time here, I already knew where everything was. I was walking ahead of the person supposed to show us everything! I could also recognise all the staff. The only people I didn't recognise were the Commander and the other soldiers.So, after being caught up to what's been going around, I went to my room. It seems that there are a lot of interesting things happening around here. My thing not even being the weirdest. Well, that's all I have to write right now.

(How shall I end these? no idea.)

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Objective: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Well, I feel like a pissing fool, and I’m in desperate fear for my life now. Heard some scuttlebutt that the little Asian girl nearly fought a soldier called ‘Nukey’, must be some nickname, who would seriously name their child that, to a near standstill, although she was brought down eventually. Then, another rumour circulating around is that same girl hit a punching bag so hard that it busted off its chains, burst through a wall, and disintegrated. I have a feeling that one has a bit of BS to it, but there is always a kernel of truth to that kind of stuff. So, now for the big question. Do I spend the rest of my days in fear of waking up semi-castrated and strung up with my entrails, or do I confront her now and clear the bad blood?

Well, only one way to decide. Coin toss. Heads I confront, tails I hide, side I toss again.

The sound of a coin being tossed is heard, followed by it striking the ground a couple times, before coming to rest.

Heads. Joy. Better get my codpiece. If she can do that to a punching bag....ugh, don’t want to think about it, especially if I give her the traditional one free hit to anywhere on the body, which I likely will, thanks to the chronic fit of stupidity I seem to be suffering from ever since I got here. Alright, if I die because of this, cremate me and stick my ashes in a matchbox underneath the Commander’s chair.

Foulke, out.

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Non-combat log 05:

Log Format: Text

Another day, another dollar. Or maybe not. How much do we get paid in this place? That bounty hunter guy probably knows.

Anyways I threw on my tie-dye and peace medallion and decided to meet some of the new recruits.

I met this Foulke guy. He seems all right, except something is wrong. Even he knows it. I'ts like he doesn't want to be here. He's always smiling this, inane, obviously fake smile.

Meanwhile Jesse is still looking for bacon thief culprits. When he questioned me, i told him i was from Israel. He immediately assumed i was Jewish and left me alone. BWA HA HA HA. He will never know.

Still no reply from Sean yet, but I hope i will get one soon. The old man just doesn't seem to be into electronics as some of us younger folk.

Andrew still has some of the slap marks on his face. I talked to him, and managed to get some herbal remedies my mother always used for bruises. The marks should be gone by tomorrow.

You know what? I've been thinking. Richard does not look like he wants to be here. But my answer?

Too bad. So sad. Toughen up buttercup.

Us on strike team are going to be the first to die. He needs to be ready. I'm going to get some practice sessions in with him, so i can see how he performs on the field.

As always, Aribeth, OUT!

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 5 :

Ayame finally told me her secret, so get this...She is some sort of undead, energy absorbing vampire...thingy...
I don't know what to think...I mean how is that even possible...
She died, was revived (by some sort of strange poison/chemical), and has wandered the planet since the Ming dynasty...
But that was about all she told me, she did not tell me how she absorbs this energy, or if she can actually die (By getting shot, stabbed, ETC)
She told me I could tell anyone I thought needed to know...But I told no one, we are soldiers, knowing each others past won't help us battle these things, if anything, it will distract us from doing our jobs...
I only asked her because I thought she was some sort of traitor, or was working with someone outside of X-com (Alien or otherwise)
I've Never heard anything as crazy as what she just told me...Is she just making this up?

Made up or not, gonna need some time to let this sink in....

Anyway I heard some of the guys in command talking about how they planned to sent us rookies in training on L.P.M.s
Don't know what that means but I assume it means Low Priority Missions.

Anything that gives us something to do (other than Drinking and Fucking around) I gladly welcome.

Until then however I am going to keep painting, its coming out well, Its something I saw in my dreams the day before last, don't know what it is but I thought if I paint it and show the rest of the crew they might be able to tell me what is it (If it actually exists that is)

*End of Recording*

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Recruits.

These are really detailed and incredibly fun to read. One thing though:

There may be a little extra "powergaming" going on here (placing characteristics/ideas/traits onto other characters without them bringing it up first.) There is also some instances of people knowing more than they would really know at this stage. The story you guys are weaving about base life is great, but try to let each person evolve their character on their own.

Eg: Person A overheard person B and C arguing. Person A explains this in a journal and says that Person B said something that makes Person B sound like an ass. Now Person B has to act asslike, or apologize for something he/she didn't do. I hope this makes sense :)

Try to let each person drive the direction of their character, instead of forcing it upon them :)

Now, drop and give me 100 push ups.

Yes. Even you Nukey.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Audio Log, March X, 2015, 5:06 p.m.

My talk with Anna still left an empty feeling inside, and I think I know why. I didn't tell her any more then I told Aribeth, any more the Prohaska had started to figure out, or any more then I'll eventually have to tell Joseph after what I've put him through. She deserved more.

I slowly walked into her room, and stood behind her as she painted.

I started suddenly, compelled to talk. "My body doesn't require food, though I still get hungry for some reason. My existence is tied to a metaphysical power source I refer to as essence. I produce barely enough to maintain my existence, and that's assuming I did nothing but sit still on my ass. I otherwise need an external source of essence. Without it, I start to lose my lively appearance, and my body starts to rapidly age. The only way to get more is to absorb it from another. The easiest way to absorb essence is by mouth to mouth. The essence itself gives me a feeling of euphoria and enticement, causing me to act like a horny schoolgirl during and immediately after feeding." I could feel myself blushing, not believing I openly said that.

Anna put down her brush down and turned to face me. "You don't have to tell me this, I'm not going to force you, and you don't owe me any more explanations." "No, your wrong!" I said so suddenly, I surprised myself. "I do owe you, more then anyone else!"

"Why? What makes me so special?" "Because you make me feel human again when I'm with you, and no one has made me feel that way, not since....."

"Since who?"

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
"On April 3rd, 1701, I was exploring a cave in England that reportedly, in its deepest recesses, contained the mummified remains of an unknown person, which was rumored to not have decomposed past its current state in fifty years. I was hopeful that I might find a companion. You see, unlike some big budget Hollywood horror movie, my condition isn't exactly common. In fact, in over five hundred years, I've only ever met three more people like me, and the first threatened to kill me if he ever met me again. I hoped I had found a second, and this one would be different.

Sure enough, the body was of another like me. They'd obviously been deprived of essence for a long time, to the point that they had fallen into a state of, uh, I guess you could say undead hibernation. Not wanting to drag a corpse through the cave, I did something I never tried before; I gave essence instead of taking it. And yes, that means I briefly locked lips with a cadaver. To my delight, it worked, and the body quickly started to regenerate. In just over an hour, were once sat a depressing corpse, was a beautiful woman with the appearance of one in her mid-twenties. I had never seen such an attractive European woman; tall and lean, with smooth, supple skin; smooth blond hair reaching down to her waist; the most perfect bosom I've ever seen (cough, ahem); and a pair of deep blue eyes I could stare into forever. After she had the strength to walk, I helped her out of the cave, and nursed her back to health, or at least what we call health.

The long years in that cave had taken a serious toll on her memory, and all she could remember was that her name was Elizabeth Ashford, and that she was in the cave because she refused to go on if it meant feeding off humans like some demon, but she didn't have the nerve to kill herself. She was incredibly depressed, and I found myself compelled to do everything I could for her. Luckily, I found a solution for her dilemma. I discovered early on that, the more spiritually aware a person was, the more potent their essence was. It seemed to work on supernatural beings as well, and I found that we could actually feed off of each other. She would take my essence, her own body's essence would convert it for her use and make it stronger, and then I could feed off of her.

The years spent with her were the happiest I've ever experienced. Her beauty went beyond the surface, right down to the bone. She could make me smile with a look, and in no time, we could tell what each other was going to say, what each other was thinking, and how to please one another, whether it was making the other person laugh or making them shudder with delight.

It all came crashing down in 1739, when we met Artur Sakharov. He was another like us, and had actually tracked us down, though we could never get him to tell us how. He said he wanted to join us, as he had been alone for longer then he could remember. Elizabeth tried to convince me to say no. She told me he was dangerous, and that we should get as far away from him as possible. I shared her concern, as he definitely had a sinister look about him, and I didn't like the way he leered at us, but I convinced her that we could trust him, since he wasn't a human, and wouldn't betray us like they would.

Two weeks later we were chained to a wall in some God-forsaken torture room, in nothing but the tattered remains of our cloths, disgusting old men lustfully steering us down and laughing. As Artur finished his negotiations, Elizabeth demanded "Why? How could you do this to us, you're one of us?!" Artur casually walked up, and with the nonchalance of a man working out, punched her in the stomach hard enough to crack a rib. "One of you, huh? Don't make me laugh," he said, grabbing her left breast and twisting it, "I accept what I am. A monster! You can play human all you want, but I doubt any of these men care. Why did I do this? For money, of course!"

"Get your hands off her, or I'll rip your fucking fingers off one by one!" I yelled, but he only laughed harder. Then, while he clenched my neck, I braised myself for his hit, but he grabbed my chin and kissed me, forcing his slimy tongue into my mouth, then pulling away before I could bite it off. "Just so you know," he whispered in my ear, rubbing his hands across my chest, "I was going to keep you for myself, but they offered me too much for the both of you." With that, he told the men there to "have fun", and left.

What followed was weeks of constant torture, physical, mental, and.....otherwise. They seem to have no moral issues with what they did to us, just rich sociopaths taking out their aggressions on us "monsters," or renting us out to make a quick buck. The only source of essence the gave us were from various rodents they shoved in our faces. Then one day, they offered an ultimatum. "The first one of you to sell out the other will be released from this torture, with the knowledge that it will continue for the other one." I somehow managed a laugh, and was about to tell them to go fuck themselves, when my world was suddenly shatter.

"Release me!" Elizabeth yelled excitedly, "I have no problem leaving this little oriental bitch here to die!"

Tears instantly poured from my eyes "But, but Lizzy..." "Shut up, you stupid little dyke! This is all your fault anyway!"

"But what about everything we..."

Elizabeth laughed hysterically. "Do you think I ever cared about you? Look at you, you flat chested little brat! You were nothing but food to me, food I was forced to choke down!

Our captors laughed, and the one said to the others, "well, isn't that heart breaking. Well, I'm a man of my word. Release her." Then one of the thugs lifted an axe, and a moment later it was embedded in the wall were Elizabeth's head was.

"W, W...." I couldn't stop crying long enough to say a single word.

"Why?" the leader of the group said. "Because my dad, your owner, is gone, and I don't have the patience to maintain you. I found a buyer, but only for one of you. Congratulations, you won!"

"What do we do with the body, chief? Can she come back if someone stuck her head back on?"

"What do you think we brought the kerosene for, idiot?" As they doused my fallen love, I screamed for them to stop. I begged for them to stop, but they only laughed harder as they lit her up.

.....I, I blacked out, just like that day on the farm. When I regained my senses, everyone was dead, their entrails covering every corner of the room, and I was sobbing in the corner with Elizabeth's head wrapped in my arms. I don't know how I got out of my binds, though the mount for my right arm was torn from the wall, and I was missing my left hand. I could reattach my hand, but Elizabeth's body was a pile of ashes. I kept telling myself that she didn't mean it, that they had broken her will, made her reach a level of desperation that would justify her actions. I told myself she had loved me, over, and over, and over again.

-----

"I've spent nearly 280 years avoiding people," I told Anna, fighting back tears, "though I'm sure you could tell from how much subtlety I lack. I spent a long time trying to track down Artur for some pointless desire for revenge, but he changed names so often I never found him. I thought it would be so easy to alienate myself from others, and only play friendly when necessary, but I couldn't do that any more. Especially not with you, Anna. Your kindness reminded me so much of my Elizabeth, I couldn't stand to lie to you anymore. You likely think me a monster now, and you would be right, but I'd rather you hate me for that then hide the truth."

As the tears rolled down my cheeks, Anna reached for me, but I stood up and stepped away from her, not deserving her sympathy. "I'm not sure how much longer I'll have here. I may be immortal, but I'm not invulnerable, I saw that first hand. The alien fragments emit some kind of psychokinetic energy that is, for lack of a better term, so alien to me that it seems to drain me. I should have had enough essence to last me months but I'm already running on dry. I'm sure the alien weapons will be just as dangerous for me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I was just as vulnerable to them then a normal human, if not more so. With the announcement of those Low Priority Missions, I'm sure I'll hit the field soon. But I won't back down, even if I'm on my last leg, because as long as there are people like you to fight for, I'll gladly give my life."

I left her with that, knowing it was a lot to take in, and sure she did want to see me anymore. I just, .....I'm so tired.

*End Transmission*

Nukey

Now, drop and give me 100 push ups.

Yes. Even you Nukey.

1gloom.jpg

ah damn, no point hiding in the toilets

King+Size+Homer1.png

1, 2, 3, 4,....

ugh why i had soo much beer for breakfast

sunscent

Name: Madelei Jones
Current Rank: N/A

March 2nd, 2015

Hey Mer,

I’m writing en route. And guess what. Guess what I woke up to this morning. A fricking massive white plain with a big shiny silver satellite attached to it. Yeah, that’s right. It was one of the new Stratolaunch craft. Yeah, big huge satellite attached to a plane. Crawling down the Keflavik International runway to pick me up.

And we just launched it. In the air. Fricking amazing.

I doubt this is how they get everyone to the XCOM HQ, but I think I can die happy after seeing that. Okay, I promised not to joke about dying. But, come on.

There’s one other person here with me. He (she?) hasn’t said anything yet. Scientist, engineer, kickass combat captain? I have no idea. Heavy military suit with visor on. Heck, probably just sleeping off some exhaustion. God knows we’ve all been through enough training and testing these past few days.

I spoke with one of the pilots, though. Learned a lot. Apparently, they have a new motto when it comes to the recruits. ‘Spray, pray, and keep fighting.’ What he meant was: new medkits. He couldn’t say much else, but by the looks of it, they’re quickly turning the old battlefield medic into something obsolete. Apparently, it’s some kind of foam or mist which puts nanites directly into a wound.

Isn’t it funny? Technology’s not only changing medicine, but the way we’re viewing our bodies as well. Heck, he even said the new armor patches itself up. But, I don’t want to even get into nanites weaving Kevlar fibres back together, or what would happen if they got into your eyes…

Anyway, we're touching down in a few minutes. I've gotta go.

I miss you.

Love,
Maddie

Cheesypower

Name: The Farmer

Current Rank: n/a

Got a letter from XCOM today. I'm not military, but I know "to be held in reserve" and "Standby status" translate into "We don't want you, but we'll consider you when we're desperate." Don't really feel like waiting around that long. 'Sides, I know why they did it: lack of a military career's probably a detraction from my desirability. Only way to prove I can handle it is to tell them in person.

First step is finding them. Not that hard when their rejection letter has a return address. Guess I'm headed to Asia. Means I'll need a boat and a translator. Or translators.

Next step is securing things at home. Tanya and her husband agreed to stay with Mom and Dad, hold down the fort while I'm gone. 'Little' Sis don't show it, but she's happy to keep them safe. She's a right monster with those two pistols of hers, though her constant laughter while using them gets a mite creepy. I almost feel sorry for any aliens that try and take our farm. Gives me a single address to send my mail to as well. I'll mail my new address once I get there.

Noah's unit was in the California area last I heard. Maybe I'll run into them on the way. Funny how the only sibling younger than me is also the only one close to my size. I remember when he introduced me to his buddies: Marines aren't used to having to crane their necks to look someone in the eye.

I'm getting off track. I need to get to Asia. That means a boat ride. I've got someone in California working on the docks who owes me a favor. My course of action is simple.

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

At the end of today's training, our instructor mentioned something about LPMs for us trainees. I'm not really good with acronyms, so I'm not sure what LPMs are, but if it gives us something to do, I'm game.

My nightmares have been getting worse and worse since joining XCOM, and I have the feeling something bad is going to happen soon. I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if the main force is sent out on a mission tomorrow. I should give Tyler a talk, his cool head and sound advice always helps calm me down.

Man, I just realized, most of the colleges I've gotten to know here are still in training, but Aribeth is on the front-lines. She can be a bit much at first, but once you get past her bratty exterior, she's a pretty cool person. When I joined XCOM, I figured I was ready for any loss I would suffer, after witnessing the death of my Mother and Brothers, but now I'm not so sure. I won't try to convince Aribeth not to go, though, because I wouldn't want her to try and stop me. I just have to count on Commander Odd and the other troops to watch her back and not turn her and the other rookies into a forlorn hope.

Of course, considering the enemy we face, even a seasoned band of soldiers might be a forlorn hope.

I've heard rumors circulating about little Chinese girls yelling at troops, midget girls breaking gym equipment, and some "Japanese brat thinking she can take on Nukey", and even someone as dense as myself can figure out they are probably talking about Ayame. I was afraid she might still be a little peeved about the other night. I realized, though, that it was selfish of me to assume I would affect her that much, and that it was probably something else and I should ignore it.

"But wait a minute," I said to myself, "why should that stop me. If she's my friend, or if I want to convince her to be my friend, I should be willing to help her with her troubles, even if I'm not the cause of them." So I set out to find her, but that was, and still is, proving to be difficult. I know I saw her at training this morning because I remember think about how pale she looked, even for her, and wondering if she was sick. But she wasn't in the dorms, and not only can I not find her, I can't find anyone who knows were she might be.

Unable to find her on my own, I figured Anna might have an idea were to look. Ayame seems to have a thing for her, which must be awkward for her.....I MEAN, IF SHE'S STRAIGHT, because I don't want to assume she is like I did with Ayame, because that was stupid of me, I just think she's straight, and if she is it would be awkward.....NOT THAT SHE BE UPSET JUST BECAUSE SHE'S STRAIGHT, because she seems to be liberally minded, and would never get so easily offend.....NOT THAT ANYONE WOULD HAVE REASON TO GET OFFENDED.....uh, oh man, I need to stop this train of thought before I dig myself into anymore holes.

So I walked up to Anna while she was painting, and said "Anna, have you seen HOLY HELL!!!" and fell backwards on my ass at the sight I saw, before making a mad dash into the hall. I'm sure I confused the hell out of Anna, but that painting, it was.....it was from my dream! There was no mistaking it, because I've seen it in my nightmares every night since my family died and I got that alien-brain facial. I don't know what that, that, that THING is, but every night I see it, distorted voices around it, talking in that weird language I couldn't make out at first, but as I had the dream more and more, I could start to understand that they're talking about an attack, an extermination, an absolute genocide, and I have the sinking feeling I know who their talking about. Why was Anna painting that? How could she know about it? Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe if I went back in there, I'd see that I was only hallucinating, and she's actually painting a sunrise, or some wolves, and a friggin' lobster taco, I don't know, but I'm not going to find out.

So here I am, quickly getting my log done before going out to look again. I'm sure Ayame is here somewhere, but where could she be?

Name:Tyler Prohaska
Current Rank:Trainee
Mission Objective:N/A
Kills This Mission:N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM:0

June 8th

Took a couple of days away from writing to just run around the base and get my head straight with all the nonsense that has been going on lately at times it all seems a bit to much for a Kansas farm boy. I have no real idea where I stand with most people and for some damn reason that bothers me. I never really cared about what the hell others thought about me besides Anna and now that she is dead in reality all this other nonsense shouldn't mean crap to me. I am damn confused about all this stuff and I kind of just wish that a mission would happen so I could shoot someone and feel something besides boredom and bitterness. I would write a memory of Anna but right now I kind of just feel like sitting around and reading. Maybe I can go see what the scientist's have to read those pencil necks should have something that will take my mind of self pity and self loathing if only for a brief time.

End

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

[Static, low quality of a hand-held recording device]

(Sound of showers running)
(Quite, weak voice)

"In quel libro che è la mia memoria,
Nella prima pagina del capitolo, che è il giorno in cui ti ho conosciuto,
Appaiono le parole, 'Qui inizia una nuova vita'. "

This.....this is what I felt when we met. You completed me, which meant when you were gone, I was incomplete.

I (cough) I understand now. I finally understand. It took me over three hundred years, but I understand.

I'm so tired. I could easily fix this condition. I'm sure I could find a man who'd welcome me into his bed. Hell, I could probably just sneak into someone's room. Not much point in being subtle, now. Ha, if he thought I looked like a "little Chinese ghost" then, he should see me now, my skin so pale, my hair rapidly going from jet black to pure white.

But I can't, not anymore. I understand, my Lizzy. I never knew why you would rather sleep forever, alone in some dark, dank cave, all for the sake of these humans who care nothing for us." L'orgoglio, l'invidia, l'avarizia - queste sono le scintille hanno incendiato i cuori di tutti gli uomini."

But I see it now. Its because you found the truth. You found that, even if the world is filled almost entirely with people who do nothing but walk all over you, use you for their own vices, and throw you to the wolves, there are always those who would give anything for you, even amongst such a selfish species.

Aribeth. Joseph. Tyler.

.....Anna.....

I really wanted to help in this fight, even with my low opinion of humanity. "I posti più caldi dell'inferno sono riservati a coloro che, in tempi di grande crisi morale, mantenere la loro neutralità." But I can take no more essence from one who does not give it willingly, yet I could never ask for it from the friends I've grown to respect. To care for. To love.

The waters of this shower feel so good (deep sobbing). But they can not cleanse me. I have the appearance of a pretty young girl. Maybe not beautiful, but Lizzy would always tell me how pretty I was (sniff, sob). But beneath this false surface, I'm nothing but a soul-sucking zombie. Lizzy ...(faint sob) ...you were right in the end. Who could...(pant) ever....(pant pant) love......

(Recorder clanks to the ground, sound of running water)

"Per ch'ella mi fa tremare le vene ei polsi."

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 6 :

So, I woke up and immediately went back to painting, seems like I have been painting this forever, every time I look at it I feel a sense of dread, but I feel compelled to paint, like some unknown force wants me to paint this...whatever it is...

While painting Andrews comes into my room saying "Anna, have you seen-HOLY HELL!" then falling on his ass and sprinting out of the room and back down the hallway, what scared him so much?

A little later he comes back in the room and just stares at my Painting, he asked me, How I came up for the idea for the creature I am painting, and I said I saw it in a dream.
I then asked him "Why?...Do you know what I am painting?"
He said it was a creature he saw some time ago in the past, He described it and what it did to his family but I stopped him in the middle of his sentence and said...
"What you described does not match my painting at all..."
"My Painting is of some sort of Insect Creature With Razor Sharp Claw Legs..."
He looked at the my painting strangely for a moment, and left the room.

How could he not see the differences in what he described and what I described, how could they be so radically different?
It was just so strange...

One again, I am getting more questions than answers about everything I have came across since coming to X-com.

Also before that Ayame came into my room and talked to me more in depth about her whole "Past", I told her
I did not need to know anymore about her past, the more she tells me the longer I will be thinking about how that's even possible and less about the job I have to do here.
Still I wonder if she is not being completely honest with me here, this is all just so hard to believe, unless she can prove she is
this Immortal, Essence Draining, Vampire Creature, I don't think I will ever be able to truly believe her...

Stranger still she did not even make a remark about the painting that had scared the shoes off of Andrews, and it was in her line
of sight...Is it possible she just saw a White canvas?
How could she ignore something as strange as what I painted and not say anything about it?....

More questions than answers....

(Faint noise of someone falling)

What the...
(Rapid walking)

Ayame!?
Are you okay!?

Let me help you up!....
Great....she passed out...
don't worry...I am going to get the docs up here stat! ...They'll find out what is wrong with you, don't you worry ...

(More Rapid walking)

Ayame just passed out in the showers...she looks really bad...I am going to get the boys in Med bay to come
up here and she if they can figure out why she looks like this and if they can help her...

(Sounds of Running)

*30 Minute Auto Log Deactivation*

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Objective: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Well, lucky for my hide, I haven’t run into that Asiatic girl recently. Though, in order to keep my net luck zero.....something happened. I was strolling around the upper levels of the base, when I happened to stumble into the Research Lab. Now, normally this wouldn’t be a problem. But....I happened to stumble in when they were moving one of the Xeno corpses, a Sectiod, they call it. It....it was the same species that destroyed my section...I literally felt my mind crack upon seeing the corpse. I fled the lab, trying to keep the clearly evident shock off my face, and came immediately back here. I...I suppose I should finally dictate for the world what happened on the fateful February day.

It started out like a normal day, or, at least normal enough. Me and my fire-team were patrolling in our American-loaned Humvee, at the end of the convoy of three other mismatched APCs. We had received some ‘intel’, in the form of a panicked farmer claiming that terrorists had stolen his goat and chickens, and were moving out to the op-zone. Fifteen minutes after we cleared the village we were passing through, our section sniper, Őrvezető, or Private, Grabovsky, spotted a smoke trail incoming. As we all stupidly looked up, we figured that the others had spotted it as well, and didn’t bother radioing in. It looked to be headed out to the middle of nowhere, but, then it curved towards us, and accelerated. That got our section leader, Warrant Officer Amir on the comms, yelling to dodge.

It was too late. It impacted directly into the first APC, destroying it and killing the four peacekeepers inside. The second APC crashed into the crater created by the object, while the two remaining, mine included, pulled out alongside the crater, waiting for the smoke to clear.

Next thing we know, we hear a downright sickening series of screams echo from the crater. Ilbyeong, or Lance Corporal, Dae-Hyun, was on the 12.7 mm mounted on the roof. He heard the screams, and immediately opened fire into the crater. He nearly melted the barrel firing, despite Amir’s protests to get him to stop. Once he did, a green bolt exited the smoke, and struck the WO in the chest, burning a hole through it. I hope death was instant and painless.

.....Dear deity, why did I think to try and dredge up these memories....? I’ll...I’ll have to finish this later. I...I need to calm down.

Foulke, out.

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

12:24 am

I knew it was a little late, but I wanted to talk to Anna one last time. I was sure I could see the alien that was like the one our soldiers had to fight a week ago, only bigger and more frightening, but she claimed she was drawing an large insect-like creature. I know she wasn't lying (why would she), so what did this mean? Could the aliens somehow be infecting us with their mind powers? Would other people see my alien, her creature, or something else entirely?

I was surprised to find she wasn't in her room. When I asked someone where she went, they said she found the short Asian girl unconscious in the shower, and she went with some guys from the medical bay to look after her hours ago. I found them in sickbay, Ayame resting on the bed. Anna was listening to what looked like a digital recorder, but she quickly put it in her pocket when she saw me, and she told me that the doctors said she was overworked and needed rest, that they would do tests on her in the morning.

However, I could see from her worried expression that she felt there was more to it, and I've never seen someone's hair turn white in a matter of hours just from how stressed they were. I asked her if she knew anything she wasn't telling the medical staff, but she just said that if Ayame wants me to know, she would tell me herself. I'm not sure what she meant, but I could tell from how concerned she sounded that she wouldn't do anything to endanger Ayame. Besides, I'm getting used to being in the dark. So I smiled, and pulled up a chair by Ayame's bed. I told Anna she looked exhausted, and I'd watch over Ayame for her, but Anna refused to leave. She eventually started to pass out, and it was only in this half asleep state that I was able to guide her to her bed without argument. She's a good friend, one anybody would be proud to have.

As I sit here in the late hours, writing this log, I know I should leave and get some sleep, but I want to be here when she wakes up, even if she just tells me to get the hell out, so I'll just sleep in this chair if need be. Its odd, but I have the distinct feeling of déjà vu, like something similar to this happened before, but I'm sure I'd remember if I ever sat at the bed side of such a lovely young woman. Looking at her, I can't help but think of the story of Sleeping Beauty. Maybe a kiss from a handsome prince could save her. Too bad there a no princes around to fill the bill, just stupid old me.

Frostlich1228

Medical Audio File

Date: [CLASSIFIED}

Time: 4:36 AM

(Sounds of Silent walking)

(Sounds of a Chair being Slowly pushed into the Hallway)

(Sounds of Door Locking)

Ayame...
Come on wake up...
Don't do this to me...

I listened to what you said about your past...
You are the only person like me I've met...

Someone who has feels the pain that I feel...
Its like rubbing salt in an open wound, and every time you think about the pain you're feeling someone adds more and more salt,
that pain stays with you forever, but you can get someone who understands to wash the salt away...
It will always hurt...but not as much...

Please Ayame...
I need you to wash The salt away...
Please...

I wonder....what you said before...about not draining enough essence...is that what is wrong with you?
Well Andrews and everybody else are asleep right now...I guess it worth a shot

Well if you wake up...I guess I will have my proof...

(Sounds of kissing)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Audio Log Update, 4:46 a.m.

I could feel it. Her loving kiss. I could feel her energy pour into me. The taste of her lips on mine, the feel of her bosom pressed against me. I missed this. I longed for this. I reached my hands up and wrapped them around her head, pulling her closer. I let out a soft moan, and felt my body tingle all over.

But, it feels different somehow, not better, not worse, just different.

I opened my eyes and was shocked to see Anna before me. I pushed her away, and yelled "Anna, what is this?", but Anna was completely out.

Why, Anna? I've told you what I am, that I'm just some monster, why would you do this for me? But it, it felt so good.....I wanted more. I brushed my hand across her face, wishing to embrace her longer, but I knew I had taken too much already. The color had returned to my skin and it had regained its smoothness, and my hair was back to its normal color. Her essence was strong, much stronger then a normal human, almost as strong as my own natural essence. She must be more spiritually aware then I thought. She'll be a powerful psychic one day if she has proper training. That would explain the psychic resonance I felt from her painting, and why I saw what looked like Artur, the man who had betrayed me all those years ago.

I picked her up and quickly caried her through the base. I'm happy the corridors were still empty. I don't know what would be worse, having to explain how I could lift Anna despite my (sigh) diminutive size, or trying to avoid letting people see my bare backside through my open medical gown. I placed her in her bed, covered her up, and gently kissed her on the head. Considering how much essence she gave me, she'll be out for hours, though I know she'll recover quickly.

I then ran back to sickbay. I noticed Joseph was sleeping in a chair outside my room. He must have been visiting me. I was surprised he had the sense to sit in the hallway, not in my room. I guess he's smarter then I gave him credit for. My medical chart says I'm just overworked, so I'm sure I'll be able to easily talk my way out of here when they check on me in a few hours.

I'm so sorry Anna, I had no right to draw you into this. I...I can see part of your memories. Some.....someone betrayed you. Someone you trusted. I, I can't see beyond that, and I'm glad I can't, it would just make me feel like I've betrayed you even more. But perhaps I should look at this as a gift. I was ready to give up, ready to accept oblivion, but you brought me back. Perhaps this can give me purpose, namely to do everything I can to pay you back.

I swear to you Anna, mоя любовь, I'll protect you always. I will never let anyone harm you, and I will never, ever betray you.

*End Transmission*

Status
Not open for further replies.