X-COM Recruit Biographies and Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Name: Grelite

One-Liners:
  • Calling Dr. Grelite M.D. Prescription: Death. Diagnosis: Sniperrifle!
  • Hi, I'm selling these fine used bullets! Free samples!
  • Way to walk into my bullets! Good job!
  • Well, that's how the dinosaurs went extinct: ME!
  • The bigger they are, the cooler they are to kill.
  • How about a tasty lead sandwich with a side of explosions? Hold the life... And the mayo.
  • A priest a rabbi and an alien all walk into a bar, AND I KILL 'EM!
  • How 'bout them apples? And by apples I mean bullets... In your face!
  • My favourite part was the part where you died. Encore! Bravo!
  • Oh I'm sorry, don't let me interrupt all your fancy dying talk, now DIE!
  • Hey bugface, hold these bullets for me, in your gut!
  • Dr. Grelite says: Take two bullets from this rifle and call me when you're dead. Ring ring. Iis it you? Yep, you're dead.

These will be making an appearance at some point I'm sure.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Lethbridge Gin
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: None
Journal Entry: March 25th 2015
Today the lab boys from R&D was just done with sorting out the aliens biology and about starting looking into our dead bodes. I asked if i can see the autopsy because i want to see what they looked like and i also said i was a private investigator before XCOM, the autopsy went by fast now we know there named the sectoid and the thin man they give so many new ideas for our jets. after my fair free time with R&B and thanked them on helping out. hey when you do murders cases as a job you get used to the dead bodes just fine. in my first murder case i did get sick at a dead body OK going of topic. Right more soon.
April 5 2015 Entry
Today our new training school came in and we just moved in our junk most of my items was just my writing desk for my journal entry and today commander odd has been not in a good mood because of you know what i have no idea what he is thinking in his head today. Training we used a new thing to try out a ark thower it is like a stun gun for aliens. What we're going SWAT on there asses now?, but if i hear some one doing the whole your in my way bit i will snap.
April 7 2015 Entry
After who knows how long a UFO was in China many people were rejoiced about and i think some one said yea. It was a bit lager then the last one sent our lone jet there was able to take that thing down and commander Odd sent a 5 man team to China that was new? the team was Linus, TehMagicToolbox, Grelite, Aberen and Repkam09 they left soon after. Few hours later they got back safe and sound and also brings a new alien that was part machine part organic also forgot to put this in R&D was working with laser weapons next sounds like fun. As for the rest of today slow as hell.
Lethbridge Gin

Grelite

Name: Grelite 'Loki'
Current Rank: Sergeant
Mission Name: Operation Demon Heat
Mission Objective:
Locate the crashed UFO
Sweep the area for surviving crew and neutralize them
Avoid additional damage to the craft if possible
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 6
Promotion: Corporal to Sergeant
Journal Entry:
27th March:
Finally back in action, the doctor said I had fully recovered from my injuries. Finally I can head back to the firing range to practise my sniping, if I don't have to head out on a mission too soon.

2nd April:
It has been unusually calm in the world. It's like the aliens have disappeared. Of course, we don't have eyes everywhere, who knows what's going on? The officer training school did open today, so I think I'll pop by later to take in some of the 'new place smell'.

7th April:
Another UFO got taken down over China. As such Toolbox, Repkam, Aberen, Linus and I were sent out on our first five man mission. We finally got to see an alien ship from the inside and with our five man death-squad spear-headed by Linus we took down the first hostile unscathed, even though, with everyone firing, only Linus and I managed to land a shot. It was one of those weird crystal things I managed to take down last time we approached a crashed vessel.

At the other end of the ship we ran into two more of those thin men, one of which Repkam and Toolbox shot to smithereens instantly. Aberen took down the other from quite the range; certainly an impressive shot. The UFO now seemed clear of enemies, but we picked up movement outside in the field and the commander sent us to investigate.

I took the high-ground as Aberen approached the origin of our suspicion and three aliens with jetpacks emerged from the fog. Aberen pulls back, luring one of them into our fire zone and make quick work of it. As we ducked back into cover another emerged, and though one of us managed to land a hit, it was still floating our way, making its way into cover. This was my chance to shine and I gave that thing a one way ticket to Deadsville, population: all the fucking aliens.

Aberen shot the last of those flying mongrels right from the sky with her deadly accuracy and we were headed back to base. This is our first mission where no one got hurt, certainly something to feel good about. I still have to remember to get out my one-liners, the battlefield could use some humorous remarks over Linus's poop jokes and Dr. Shen's misplaced comments.

I did get promoted to Sergeant, which I was a little surprised by, but also very thankful. For some reason the other troops have taken to nicknaming me 'Loki', it must be the armour and the cold steel I put through my enemy's brains.

Zayuz

(I'm sorry that I'm not accepted yet, but I'm far to excited to not do this)

Bio Template

Name:
"Arrow" (Real first name Jake) Emerald
Place of Birth:
Ottawa, Ontario. (In Canada)
Military Background:
Complete Rookie, Volunteered after his mother on a trip to Chicago (Video reference, but not the soldier, she was just a civilian.) and died from aliens.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM:
Not much really, only things on the news and stuff like that. (So expect him to panic a lot)
Weapon of Choice:
"Uhm.. This is rather embarrassing for me, but I've never used a weapon before..." (Complete rookie)
Additional Background Story:
Arrow is 23 years of age, was employed as a surgeon, (Not especially good though) joined because he want's only the revenge on the aliens. **VERY TIMID** Very social, and loves video games in his spare time, but worry's a lot. "I just want to join because I lost my mother to those... things, and I couldn't stand it if I lost anyone else. Perhaps I could help others in battle.. like say a medic would be a nice class. I was a surgeon before anyways, so it wouldn't be my first time."

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: April 08th 2015
As a burst of speed today that the aliens attacked again thinking about it that they are attacking more often as possible. commander odd sent in Linus, TehMagicToolbox, Grelite, Aberen and Repkam09 to Bloemfontein, South Africa. A few hours later they got back and only TehMagicToolbox was sent to medical for 14 days.For the next 11 days nothing going on.
April 19th 2015 entry
Today a UFO came around Brazil we sent a jet to take it down and it does and the commander sent Aberen and Repkam09, Linus, LocoRojo and a rookie named Gkkiux. How in the world do you say his name anyway? So there off to Brazil again and also commander odd is planing to make a alien prison and integrate the alien my biggest question is how to talk to those things i was told they were just killing machines and what kinds of research in it brain. There knowledge to them is small but to mankind it like opening new doors and fells like entering a brave new world and offer new hope for mankind.
Lethbridge Gin

Grelite

Mission Name: Operation Hot Pipe
Mission Objective:
Sweep the abduction site and identify threats
Neutralize all hostile targets
Kills This Mission: 3
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 9
Journal Entry:
One day you're in France, the next in South-Africa, if we weren't going there to shoot things in the face, you'd think this job is pretty sweet. Unfortunately we get dropped right in the middle of alien-ridden Bloemfontein, with only one purpose to our visit; kill everything that's not human and then hurry back home.

Right out of the dropship I moved up behind a pick-up trick and we spotted some of those floating aliens dead ahead. I tried suppressing them with my pistol as the rest of the squad moved into cover, but they still got a shot off at Toolbox, who got knocked within an inch of her life. Good thing Repkam was right next to her to stabilize her, or we might have lost her for good. Aberen responded quickly, blowing the two aliens to kingdom come with her rocket launcher.

With nothing in our sights we started moving down further until we ran into a pair of Thin Men. We stayed in cover and one of them started running our direction, right into my scope. With a quick bullet to the brain it exploded into a cloud of poisonous gas and I yelled: "Someone call the clean-up crew, we got brains on the pavement!" I had no time to gauge the others' reactions because I all ready had my sights on the other Thin Man and took him down in a heartbeat.

Finally it was clear to move up again and we proceeded to move forward again carefully. Just as we got into a good position, two sectoids emerged from behind a truck. Linus was quick on his feet as usual and threw a grenade behind the truck, killing one of them. I did have a shot at the other one, but it was a little too tricky. No three out of three for me. Aberen still finished him off with a grenade.

I imagine that with every explosion that goes off on the battlefield, Dr. Vahlen has a minor psychotic breakdown. Sitting in her lab, intently watching the feed and BOOM! another alien reduced to dust. She cringes and rubs her temples, trying to resist the urge to flip her desk. An assistant walks over, trying to reassure her that there's likely still many more of those aliens out there willing to walk into her less disintegrating contraptions... Anyway, back to the mission.

When we moved up further, two more jetpacked aliens moved got into view. Repkam popped one right in the cranium as Linus took a few pot-shots at the other with his pistol, tempting it into moving from its cover, allowing me to cancel its subscription to life with a fantastic long-range shot. (Hey, I can brag this time, okay?)

With that we were in the clear and we could evacuate Toolbox back to base. Linus and Repkam were promoted Lieutenant; our first officers on the field. Now there's talk of capturing one of those aliens alive for interrogation. It intrigues me to think how they think they'll be able to do that. Communicating with something so different from us, and on top of that, something that is ruthlessly trying to kill us all.

Gkkiux

Name: Gkkiux
Mission Name: -
Mission Objective: -
Kills This Mission: -
Total Kills since joining XCOM: -
Journal Entry:
April 8th 2015
Still not used to writing the date this way. Note to self: get some practice

So I ended up not writing a journal entry last time. The mission seemed to be fairly simple with our team just shredding through the enemies, so I didn't see a point in commenting on it. Besides, I had better things to do. I got a new pillow, so I needed a few hours to try it out. It sure works better than my old one.
Last mission did no go so smooth though. Toolbox got knocked out really soon, stressing out the teammates immediately. It may not have made them eager to proceed further, but it sure didn't cause Grelite to lose his aim. I had a hard time trying not to concentrate on those snipes too much. It's too bad the "Mad Man" didn't get to do much this time because of the area being too open. He makes this job look awesome.
I find it surprising how much some people can write about those things. After gaining (more like finding) access to some of the old journal entries and reading through them I understood why I'm never going to be a writer
So I was told I'm the next rookie on a mission. Yeah, once again, "G" is fine. Others had the same struggle pronouncing it.
TIL I'm black. But the pink armor looks better than I expected

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Mission Name: -
Mission Objective: -
Kills This Mission: -
Total Kills since joining XCOM: -
Journal Entry:
April 8th 2015
Still not used to writing the date this way. Note to self: get some practice

So I ended up not writing a journal entry last time. The mission seemed to be fairly simple with our team just shredding through the enemies, so I didn't see a point in commenting on it. Besides, I had better things to do. I got a new pillow, so I needed a few hours to try it out. It sure works better than my old one.
Last mission did no go so smooth though. Toolbox got knocked out really soon, stressing out the teammates immediately. It may not have made them eager to proceed further, but it sure didn't cause Grelite to lose his aim. I had a hard time trying not to concentrate on those snipes too much. It's too bad the "Mad Man" didn't get to do much this time because of the area being too open. He makes this job look awesome.
I find it surprising how much some people can write about those things. After gaining (more like finding) access to some of the old journal entries and reading through them I understood why I'm never going to be a writer
So I was told I'm the next rookie on a mission. Yeah, once again, "G" is fine. Others had the same struggle pronouncing it.
TIL I'm black. But the pink armor looks better than I expected

Welcome to the squad...Rookie.

Doctor4Dead

Name: Jonathan "Doctor4Dead" Claridge
Place of Birth: West Palm Beach, Florida
Military Background: US Army Airborne for 5 years
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: My friends getting shot in Iraq and Afghanistan. The crack of rifle fire on our daily patrols we never expected 7.62 x 39 bullets to come after us while on such a peaceful deployment. Next after that was getting mortared as we began to operate on them. The whole time it stunk due to the heat, sweat, and the death that was ensuing.
Weapon of Choice: Assualt Rifle (Support w/ Medic Preferably)
Additional Background Story: Grew up knowing the military was the life for me starting in high school.

Grelite

Total Kills since joining XCOM: 9
Journal Entry:
It has been a few days since Linus was killed. Though he was a distant and troubled man, I considered him a brother. A brother in arms. I will remember what he did for us, for humanity. A shame to lose such a passionate soldier, as death always is. However, considering the circumstances, he could have little more to ask than a heroic death. He died the way he lived; head-first into battle, shotgun in hand.

It's strange, this was the first time I was not brought on a mission whilst I was physically able to. I hope this doesn't mean the psych talked to the Commander about my issues. I mean, I'd have to be informed about that, right? I think not though, because I'm being sent on the next mission. Perhaps I have put too much thought into this, I am not the centre of the Universe.

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: April 19th 2015
A few hours later the team came back from Brazil we got the UFO but they were sad to say that Linus was shot down by the crystal based alien. We quickly had a memorial for poor Linus, commander Odd made a short speech in it was an bad pun involving jam wow just wow i bet a lot of people hated that joke on Linus memory with a kill count of 12 aliens and sent on 6 missions he was one of the first people who saw the aliens on first contact has died on this day. As for the rest of the team i fell sorry for our huge loss this day but i hope things don't get worse from here.
April 20th 2015 Entry
Today things had just gone bad then we ever never imagined the worst case scenario had just happened. That on 4:26am as i was awoke to alarms in the base i got up and see what was going on. In the mess hall some rookies told me to see the local news had reported that the attacks from the aliens have just changed plans. A UFO came close to Mexico city during the night and now a city was being attacked. 2 brave souls from the news stations local here came to the city and never been heard ever again. As i came up to see the battle in the city from topside i saw all around me in the base, the daily routine of life, working, eating and sleeping was continuing serenely as it had been always for many years. As i saw the sky over the city was bright red. Explosions keep getting louder as the battle moved on. At the same time Commander Odd sent a team to combat this attack the team was Grelite, LocoRojo, SightUp, Gkkiux and Repkam09 to hold Mexico City. I think it is a suicide mission but i hope they get back alive.
Lethbridge Gin

Gkkiux

Mission Name: Lone Pyre
Mission Objective: Locate the crashed UFO, sweep the area
Kills This Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Journal Entry:
April 19th, 2015
Earlier today we lost a great man. It's almost midnight and it's obviously not enough time to recover after what we've been through, even though I tried spending most of that time sleeping. I've looked up to Linus ever since I joined, he was definitively one of the best and the most badass soldiers we had. It's sad to see titans fall, especially when it's due to a stupid mistake.
The mission started off slow, I guess it's usual, though the commander's compass seemed to be broken as we were not exactly heading the right direction at first. We still met a couple of aliens on the way, so it probably looked about right. When we finally approached the UFO, it was worse than we initially thought. When the alien we found inside got to the exit, we all expected that Linus would be able to run and gun him down. But he just so happened to miss his last shot... He was almost always in the middle of the action, the stress must've taken it's toll. When we saw that our attempts to suppress the alien were useless, you may have not been able to see it, but you could certainly feel our morale dropping. Even though I missed my first shot afterwards, I was in a good enough position to take another shot, which allowed Aberen to secure the kill with a grenade. I'm glad I didn't look at Linus afterwards, as I've heard that grenade really messed him up...
Besides that, everything went smooth. A couple more sectiods were no match for Loco and we secured some useful machinery from the ship, so that... Nearly made it up for the loss.
---
Commander's sending me to another mission... He gave me a minute to finish this up and told me to get to the transport ASAP. Should be important, I haven't seen him stressed like that...

Ramos

Fixing Previous (dumb) Bio

Name: Viktor Devlin
Place of birth: USA ( irish/russian descent)
Military background: Served as a security chief for a number of Important banks. I later joined the National guard where I was promoted to sergeant.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before the xcom: Let's see, the worst thing before this operation was probably what got me involved in the first place.
I had enlisted about 7 years ago, I was engaged, she was the love of my life, it was perfect, but my fiance, Victoria, was always worried about me, that the bank might be robbed, or I might get hurt, and when I joined the military, she nearly had a fit. So, I joined the guard, as it was one of the less dangerous choices. I was stationed on base nearby, and and everything was going well. Until the attack that is.

I was on guard duty on the base a few days before my leave. When suddenly we were put on full alert, there was what had appeared to be a terrorist cell attacking manhattan, full blown too. This was huge, we were geared up, briefed on the intel they had (almost nothing) and shipped out, but nothing could have prepared us for what we were about to witness.
The aliens had attacked new york city.
It was horrifying, especially since my fiance, lived there, I was so worried about her, But I couldn't let that cloud my mind, I had to stick to the objective, we had to evac the civilians.
We crossed the brooklyn bridge, and our convoy separated into groups, each taking different areas of the city.
Our truck began it's sweep, going down out section of the city, keeping an eye out for any survivors or hostiles.
Suddenly, there was an explosion, one of the nearby buildings began to collapse, our convoy was going to be crushed! We swerved out of the way, but didn't make it in time, the truck rolled over into a storefront, I was knocked out.
The next thing I remember is waking up with the sounds of gun and plasma fire around me, I was being dragged behind a humvee for evac, I looked down, trying to get my head to stop spinning. I ripped off my helmet and noticed something fairly shocking, I was missing my right leg from the knee down. They later told me that it had been crushed under the truck, nothing left to save. There had been bodies all around me, both military, civilian, and alien.
Suddenly, I recognized the area, it hit me like a punch in the gut. This was Victoria's apartment block.
The firefight had died down, and so had nearly all of it's participants, I began to crawl my way over to the courtyard, leaving a trail of congealed blood from my missing leg.
My head still spinning from the blood loss and recent concussion made it take w hile, but I made it to the makeshift evac zone in the courtyard. I was surrounded by building on three sides, in middle of the u-shape of the building, smoke billowed against the night sky that shined through the gap in the building.
I searched for a sign of life, anything, then I saw her.
Victoria, slumped against a wall, scorch marks lined a gaping mass of where her left arm and part of her torso used to be. I broke down, crawling over to her, I put my arms around her lifeless form, a tear streamed down my blood and dirt encrusted face. This couldn't be happening, the love of my life, gone, and there was nothing i could have done. Helicopters buzzed overhead, probably looking for survivors, if I could find something to signal them with, I might make it out of here. A moment later, I noticed something digging into my side, something hard and plastic. Victoria was holding a flare gun, still clasped in her lifeless grip, It had seemed that even in death, she was still looking out for me. I opened the chamber, inside was a 12-gauge flare. I pointed it skyward, and pulled the trigger
Red light exploded out, and launched through the gap in the buildings, soon after, a the hum of a chopper approached, I let go of my fiance, said one final goodbye, and crawled out into the open. I saw a squad approaching, they loading me on to a stretcher and into the helicopter.
The next thing I remember is waking up in the hospital, feeling like shit, but better than I had in the courtyard. Looking down at my feet, I saw that the doctors had taken the liberty of replacing my stump with a bionic replica, the metallic carbon fiber shone against the skin, a perfect functioning replica of my old one (think deus ex: human revolution).
So many emotions ran through my head, sadness, regret, loneliness, pain. But one trumped them all; anger. Those things, whatever they were, killed the thing that made life worth living for me, I would have revenge on them no matter the cost.

And that, my friends, is why I'm here today.

TL;DR: In national guard, manhattan attacked, foot blown off, fiance (love of his life) found dead, evac'd, has bionic leg and burning hatred for the aliens.
Weapon of choice: Shotgun/sniper rifle (preferably support/sniper class)
Additional background info: See above story.

Gkkiux

Current Rank: Squaddie
Mission Name: Stone Whisper
Mission Objective: Rescue civilians, sweep the area
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 2
Promotion: Rookie to Squaddie
Journal Entry:
April 21st, 2015
So this is what I was made for. Staying cold blooded in stressful situations. That was the weirdest thing I ever experienced, but at the same time, I was happy to silence all the annoying comments on my military background that I kept on getting from time to time.
Yesterday's mission was bizzare overall. We got ambushed just after getting to the fight zone, and that was a new kind of alien, which rushed towards us and freaked us out at first... But it was too slow to do anything before we pwned it. Soon afterwards they flanked us and SightUp got killed, which once again proved that plasma weapons are imba, and scared the crap out of Repcam. It seems like death is becoming more and more common these days and I'm not feeling as bad as I should... On the other hand, just after that I got a kill that got me promoted. I was actually surprised I got that, considering I shot him from, like, 30 meters. The rest of a mission was pretty easy. Another alien rushed in and died like an idiot, we got flanked, went inside the house... And I realised my assault rifle had it's damage set to "2". In the end I got the last kill and gladly went back to the ship to return to the barracks. Since I only got 4 hours of sleep that night, I was more than happy to finally get some rest after that.
Being the new assault on our team is gonna be pretty rough. Even though I prefer staying out of close combat, I sure hope I can reach Linus' level, maybe even surpass it. I consider the red armor to be something that needs to be earned and I don't feel like I deserve to be wearing it just yet

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: April 20th 2015
As i returned to the mess hall to see the team in action at Mexico city, i was able to see it on TV as fast as lighting 2 new types of aliens showed and the looked like 4 legged insects but was able to fight one off, but then sadly that rookie SightUp was shot down by one of those part machine part organic type of alien but after a few minuets the battle was over and the rest of the team returned with the body of poor SightUp body and had a memorial for him i hope i get to go on a mission to destroy these alien warlords soon.
April 22th 2015 Entry
The alien containment was finish today and we can get some aliens alive so we can get them to talk to us i don't know how but i can wait.
April 25th 2015 Entry
R&D came by training with laser weapons so we got to try the pistol and rifle versions of the work they work just the same as our normal guns but better damage things got more fun around today and also they were having an autopsy on those part machine part organic things and those 4 legged freaks from 5 days ago they are now called floaters and chryssalids and R&D working on something called experimental warfare can't wait for that to happen.
April 28th 2015 Entry
As 3 days of clean sky pass us right by aliens were back doing another attack this time the team was heading to Alexandria in Egypt the team sent there was Aberen, Gkkiux, LocoRojo, Grelite and Repkam09 as normal hope they be back soon.
Lethbridge Gin Over And Out !

Grelite

Current Rank: Lieutenant
Mission Name: Operation Stone Whisper
Mission Objective:
Approach civilians to enable evacuations
Minimize civilian casualties
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 11
Promotion: Sergeant to Lieutenant
Journal Entry:
With everything that's going on around the base I hadn't taken the time to fully document what happened in Mexico. I guess I'll just take it from the top, back to the day after Linus was KIA, when those extra-terrestrial bastards started taking down civilians in the streets of Mexico City.

Along with Repkam, Gkkiux, LocoRojo and SightUp, I was sent down there to introduce those alien bastards to some explosively propelled lead. As we moved into cover, two insect-like aliens jumped out of the building and were headed right for us. I could get a hit off with my pistol, while Repkam managed to hit the other, making it withdraw back into the building. Of course, one was still headed right for us and got as close as breathing right into Repkam's face before we shot it down.

We could hear some civilians scream in agony after which the second Chryssalid, as the science-team had named them, came rushing out. Good thing I had my scope on that exit, and gave it something hot and heavy to gorge on. Bullets... I mean bullets.

While we had to take our time to reload our weapons more screams echoed through the streets. It was difficult, not being able to do anything about it. We had to be careful with these unpredictable enemies, but alas, we were not careful enough. When Repkam opened the entry door to the storage room, we could see a group of those flying enemies the scientists had named floaters (read: flying pieces of shit) rush by the window.

Before we realized what was going on they had flanked us and SightUp fell victim to some deadly plasma being brought his way. I could swear he screamed something to his comrades in whatever language he speaks before Gkkiux put a bullet through its brain.

Two more came trying to flank us from the other side. Luckily I still had my sights set and reduced the floater's cranial occupation to 0%. Repkam suppressed the other with a constant stream of bullets, allowing LocoRojo to make the killing blow.

Following the floater's demise, another Chryssalid came running up, it was completely covered in blood and gore. We opened fire and it absorbed just so many bullets. Even the bullets from my sniper rifle were not enough to finish it off, but it did open a crack in its shell, allowing LocoRojo to finish it off by unloading his pistol into the exposed flesh.

Even after all this we were not out of the woods yet. Another floater showed up in the storage room, and despite Gkkiux and Repkam's efforts, the floater managed to dodge a great deal of bullets and take down a civilian and forced Gkkiux and Repkam to retreat. For a few seconds we waited in hopes of drawing it out, but the floater stayed back. In a final effort, the commander sent Gkkiux in to take it own, a strategy that ultimately proved succesful.

We could finally get back to base where we attended the memorial service for SightUp. We lost two soldiers in two days and the aliens are only getting more ruthless. I did earn a promotion and was giving scanning devices I can use to increase my area of observation in the field, let's hope they complement the laser rifles the boys in the lab have developed for us. Now that I am a field-officer, I imagine I will be held more responsible for the squad's morale. The way Repkam panicked in Mexico City after SightUp was shot, that is not something I hope to do to my squad. She almost shot me...

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: April 28th 2015 - May 6th 2015
there was a change for the team for a rookie named McBackstabber few hours later the team got back and sadly Gkkiux died by a thin man so where up to 3 people this month. we had a memorial to G. Good thing that 3 days from now we move on to a new month i hope that the killing stops now for a long time. for the past few days that we work and train for most of the time until we got another alien attack in japan and team who was sent was TehMagicToolbox, Aberen, Grelite, McBackstabber and a rookie named Lars128 to japan.
Lethbridge Gin Over And Out!

Grelite

Current Rank: Captain
Mission Name: Operation Devil's Thorn
Mission Objective:
Sweep the abduction site and identify threats
Kills This Mission: 3
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 14
Promotion: Lieutenant to Captain
Journal Entry:
The train tracks in Alexandria proved a challenge. Despite my best efforts, hitting just about everything that came into sight, Gkkiux was killed. I cannot bring myself to blame the commander, otherwise I would lose all hope of survival in the field. I suppose, even, that I have been thinking about this all the wrong way.

People dying is not my fault, how could it be? My efforts remain in their protection. In fact, that is the position we are all in. Me, my fellow soldiers, the commander... Humanity faces a common enemy together, an enemy that tries to crush our spirits and bring everything we stand for to the ground. They killed AniCator, Linus, SightUp, Gkkiux and so many others.

We are the only thing standing between survival and extinction; my mistrust in myself would have been my own demise, an emotional set-back the aliens are hoping to achieve. No more, I say. The only thing they bring me now is focus. Focus to resist the terror they unleash upon us and beat them back from the shit-hole that is their home-world. I chose this path and I'll be damned before I let them walk all over us.

I have seen that the troops they throw at us are getting progressively tougher, but so are we. Today we fire our first lasers, tomorrow we instantly blow up their faces with a mere thought. (Okay, I may be exaggerating) Humanity has achieved so much and we will survive this. The aliens, however, will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.