X-COM Recruit Biographies and Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond

KingsEntourage
Name: Raymond Grey
Place of Birth: Himalayas
Military Background: Served as a monk guardian until the aliens came and wiped out the monastery. He felt that it was his fault that he could not save the others so he joined XCOM in order to wipe out the aliens.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: He just joined XCOM after his whole monastary was wiped out
Weapon of Choice: Anything that gets him right in the action
Additional Background Story: Was dropped at the monastery when he was a baby and does not know his parents.

Name: F F W Vagina
Place of Birth: Atlantic Ocean
Military Background: Served under Poseidon during the Battle for Atlantis
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: I saw my best friend, a seal named Dave, take a harpoon to the fin. He didn't make it.
Weapon of Choice: Blowhole
Background Story: Born to a single mother off the coast of the Falkland Islands, I have survived against the odds and become one of the most versatile fighting forces known to man. Or whale.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Lethbridge Gin
Place of Birth: England, UK
Military Background: reserve member of British Army until 2007 when he was discharged.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: during my time in the British Army i was sent to Iraq in 2003 - 2007 that country turned to hell for me in one battle i got in into a good team we were told to head to a village to check on reports of WMD to be sold to the enemy so my team went to the village it was a blood bath that day. i was the only one to survive but good news we stop them so after i returned to base i want to be discharged because i cant do those types of missions again. So I was discharged for doing a good job thinking about it on the plane i say i made the best choice in my life.
Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle because in Iraq in 2003 they said i was a crack shot i rarely miss.
Additional Background Story: Grew up in the UK, i was a crack shot when i was hunting with my dad for a few years told me how to be clam before taking the shot, after high school, I decided to join the army. I signed up for the British Army and passed. after 2007 i left to Canada to became a private investigator i did a good job at it until 2012. I joined XCOM after a man said he can pay all my gambling debts, i asked what i had to do and he said before you chose let me tell about the XCOM program we talked and then i joined that how i got here.

Nukey

Bio Template

Name: Dennis "Nukey" VH
Place of Birth: Belgium, Zeebrugge
Military Background: Lt com beglian navy, demolition expert, 10 years active duty, 2 years in the anti pirate taskforce on the Belgian navy fregatte Leoplold ,
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: the 2010 massacre on a cargo ship of the coast of somalia( hostage situation that turned badly)
Weapon of Choice: all sort of high explosive and heavy weapons
Additional Background Story: born and raised at the coast of Belgium, the sea was calling so thats where i went, spent my first years at the belgian docks then enlisted in search for more adventure.

AlphaZeta

Bio Template

Name: AlphaZeta/17
Place of Birth:Sweden
Military Background: Paratrooper, did some service during the gulf war but retired due to injury. Now back to prove himself
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: The Napalm bombing of an orphanage
Weapon of Choice: Shotgun, when push comes to shove, otherwise smg's (for example the "p90")
Additional Background Story: "Protector of children, Devourer of bacon" He had a pet pig named Silla who got killed during a street riot when he was out walking her. Instead of a bureal, Alpha decided to eat her flesh in order to gain the power and strength of a thousand pigs.

Presariov

Name: Presariov
Place of Birth: California
Military Background: Reconnaissance, stealth missions, high-level assassinations
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Stealth mission turned out to be a setup, and the rest of the team was killed by enemy mines.
Weapon of Choice: Machine gun, shotgun, handguns.
Additional Background Story: Born in northern California, Presariov moved to Vancouver after collage. During a party at a friends house, the host showed off his guns. This is when Pres discovered his amazing accuracy, a trait that followed him into the military. In addition to shooting, Pres also enjoys Reading and making sarcastic jokes.

Grelite

Name: Daeryd "Grelite" Viremere
Current Rank: Squaddie
Mission Name: Operation Stone Dawn
Mission Objective:
  • Sweep the abduction site and identify threats
  • Neutralize all hostile targets
Kills This Mission:2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 2
Promotion: Rookie to Squaddie
Class Assigned: Sniper
Journal Entry:
The call to duty came unexpected. Who hadn't ran simulations of First Contact through their heads? But we were literally thrown into the fire. Oh, the things I have seen... Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself.

All I had heard were rumours when I was called to Brazil. The flight was unsettling, none of us knew what was really going on. The mandatory introductory round was a little unnerving, I had not been separated from my squad for a year. Supposedly we are the best, that is why we were chosen for this operation. At least, that is what I deduce, how can you be sure of anything these days? I guess I have to get used to fighting alongside all sorts of new people and who knows what else.

We spotted ominous green markings dotting the area. As we landed we saw what they truly were; people covered in some sort of organic material, I still have no idea what to make of it. Our first objective was to secure the site, a fast-food restaurant. We carefully approached the front entrance and took a peek through the window.

There they were, aliens. They looked us right in the eyes as we'd just gotten into position. Two of them made a break for the door and we opened fire, and I nailed one of them. I think we were all caught a little off guard and were a little surprised to find ourselves taking down our first target. Of course, we knew there were still two more to take down.

I was sent inside and took cover behind one of the chairs at a table. Suddenly one of the aliens jumped out and took cover at the table opposite mine. Linus was quick to his gun and tried to take him down, but he missed, and at what cost. The little gray fucker got me right in the arm and I was called to retreat. I'm glad Linus threw that grenade at that bastard and took care of it. It may have ticked off the science team, but we had little other choice.

Next thing I know Toolbox gets hit right beside me, something I did not see coming (I may have panicked a little). But I pulled myself together, I had to put trust into my commander and follow orders. I pulled out a grenade and threw it right at the back-wall of the kitchen, obliterating the alien with the debris.

We heard more movement outside a took up defensive positions, now we knew what we were looking for. Suddenly three of them dropped down from the ceiling and again, Linus was the first to open fire, shooting one of them right in the head as it landed next to him. As the other two took cover we realized we had been flanked and had to move quickly. Toolbox was quick to hop over the desk and got face-to-face as I watched her shoot it down. I moved up to shoot down the last alien, but couldn't hit it in its cover. I guess my shots did make it retreat, but a quick toss of a grenade from Toolbox blew a wall right onto its escape route, I doubt much was left of it.

Finally we were in the clear and moved back to the shuttle as the forensics team was deployed. On the flight back I realized how serious my injury was. The doctor said I would be out of commission for eight days, but it's not all bad. I got a promotion and was assigned for sniper training, I guess they want me to stay as far away from the aliens as possible because I was the first to get shot. Joke as they may, I was still the first to shoot one of those bastards down. I will forever be the first person to ever kill an alien. How's that for First Contact?

JeebusPlatinum

Name:JeebusPlatinum
Place of Birth:Okinawa
Military Background:Trained with the League of Gentlemen up until a dishonorable discharge in 06'. Things have been rough lately. I am hoping that my work with XCOM will turn things around for me.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM:Let's not go there...
Weapon of Choice:Handheld weapons. I am a master of disaster in close quarters combat.

DarkChaosReign

Name: "DarkChaosReign" (Unknown real name)

Place of Birth: Malaysia

Military Background: Somehow climbed up though the ranks, was a Sniper in the SAS.

Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: "It was supposed to be a short and simple recon, the team goes on and I hold back and lookout. But then it turned out that our intel was a fake, allowing them to get a surprised on us. We couldn't react in time, most of the men got K.I.A, leaving me and my buddy BlackHole (His codename) to protect each other until backup arrives. Backup finally arrived, but it was too late. Only I was left alive, while my buddy bleed to death. There was nothing that could been done."

Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle/Pistol

Additional Background Story: Nothing much is known about this man, other than where he came from and what has he been doing on the field before being transferred to XCOM. He's has a tendency to be quiet and calm even at nerve-wrecking situations. He doesn't speak much out of the field either, since he rather becomes a lone wolf. He does however protect his team the best he can, with his record as a skilled sniper, even in his time in the military. He also carried a butterfly knife with him, but never seen used in combat for unknown reasons.

Presariov

Name: Presariov
Current Rank: Recruit
Mission Name: -N/A-
Mission Objective: -N/A-
Kills This Mission: -N/A-
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Promotion: None
Journal Entry:
"I was told that it would be a good idea to make these journals, so I guess I'll wright about my life here. I'm still kind of freaked out about this alien thing. They won't even tell me anything about it other than what's on the news. I did overhear some labcoats talking about some kind of artifact or something. Other than that life on the base is pretty okay. It's been the general 'keep fit and practice hard' thing as usual. It seems like I'll be here a while, so why not get comfortable?"

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Mission Name: Operation Stone Dawn
Mission Objective:
  • Sweep the abduction site and identify threats
  • Neutralize all hostile targets
Kills This Mission:2

Promotion: Rookie to Squaddie
Class Assigned: Sniper
Journal Entry:
The call to duty came unexpected. Who hadn't ran simulations of First Contact through their heads? But we were literally thrown into the fire. Oh, the things I have seen... Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself.

All I had heard were rumours when I was called to Brazil. The flight was unsettling, none of us knew what was really going on. The mandatory introductory round was a little unnerving, I had not been separated from my squad for a year. Supposedly we are the best, that is why we were chosen for this operation. At least, that is what I deduce, how can you be sure of anything these days? I guess I have to get used to fighting alongside all sorts of new people and who knows what else.

We spotted ominous green markings dotting the area. As we landed we saw what they truly were; people covered in some sort of organic material, I still have no idea what to make of it. Our first objective was to secure the site, a fast-food restaurant. We carefully approached the front entrance and took a peek through the window.

There they were, aliens. They looked us right in the eyes as we'd just gotten into position. Two of them made a break for the door and we opened fire, and I nailed one of them. I think we were all caught a little off guard and were a little surprised to find ourselves taking down our first target. Of course, we knew there were still two more to take down.

I was sent inside and took cover behind one of the chairs at a table. Suddenly one of the aliens jumped out and took cover at the table opposite mine. Linus was quick to his gun and tried to take him down, but he missed, and at what cost. The little gray fucker got me right in the arm and I was called to retreat. I'm glad Linus threw that grenade at that bastard and took care of it. It may have ticked off the science team, but we had little other choice.

Next thing I know Toolbox gets hit right beside me, something I did not see coming (I may have panicked a little). But I pulled myself together, I had to put trust into my commander and follow orders. I pulled out a grenade and threw it right at the back-wall of the kitchen, obliterating the alien with the debris.

We heard more movement outside a took up defensive positions, now we knew what we were looking for. Suddenly three of them dropped down from the ceiling and again, Linus was the first to open fire, shooting one of them right in the head as it landed next to him. As the other two took cover we realized we had been flanked and had to move quickly. Toolbox was quick to hop over the desk and got face-to-face as I watched her shoot it down. I moved up to shoot down the last alien, but couldn't hit it in its cover. I guess my shots did make it retreat, but a quick toss of a grenade from Toolbox blew a wall right onto its escape route, I doubt much was left of it.

Finally we were in the clear and moved back to the shuttle as the forensics team was deployed. On the flight back I realized how serious my injury was. The doctor said I would be out of commission for eight days, but it's not all bad. I got a promotion and was assigned for sniper training, I guess they want me to stay as far away from the aliens as possible because I was the first to get shot. Joke as they may, I was still the first to shoot one of those bastards down. I will forever be the first person to ever kill an alien. How's that for First Contact?

This is how a journal entry is done! WOW

Linus

XCOM Soldier Info
Name: Linus
Mission Name: Operation Stone Dawg
Mission Objective: Kill Aliens.
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM:2
Promotion: Rookie to Squadie
Journal Entry:

Dear Diary,

Today I went on my first mission with the squad and commander Odd. Not gonna lie, at first I was afraid he was gonna let me die, since he doesn't appear to be a tactical genius, but I was aight. Shot some aliens, got a promotion to Assault unit, worked out pretty well. Had to use an assault rifle since all rookies use those on their first mission, but I hope Commander Odd will allow me to use a shotgun, 'cause those are dope! He'd have to be a total dickhole not to let me use one.

Honestly, the first contact with the aliens didn't scare me at all. Just weird looking meatbags to use as target practice. Some squad members got injured (LOL noobs), but I was obviously the best since I killed 2 aliens and didn't suffer any injuries. Looking forward to next mission, hope there's lots more aliens to kill.

XOXO Linus a.k.a 'L-Dawg'

LocoRojo

XCOM Soldier Info
Name: Sq. LocoRojo
Current Rank:Squadie
Mission Name: Operation Dying GraveMission Objective: Kill all enemy
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Promotion: Rookie -> Squadie
Journal Entry:

Some things are just ment to be. One moment you're just sitting in the baracks playing cards with some friends and the other moment you're in a jet flying to your mission.

The objectif whas easy, search and kill, that's at least what they said on the mission briefing. While the commander whas telling us about how dangerous these creatures can be i whas drifting of with my mind to better times.
The times where me and my famaly could sit on the bench and watch some t.v.. How i miss those times, it's indescribable.

We needed to check out a dock in the U.K. At the first sight every thing looked clear. but after we took posistions Linus spotted our first victems. I whas nervous as hell but i needed to stay strong, i could not let fear run this mission.
The ''Aliens'' that we saw where hideous. it looked like a human i a strange way. With some very good shots from Linus we managed to kill them with ease.

After a while we found another 2 sectoids, as we like to call them. I knew i needed to take out at least one of them to get my promotion. Luckly the commander had enough fate in me. As i managed to get some shots of on the aliens while they where getting back in formation i also got to kill one. The feelin it gave me whas great. Like i whas actualy saving the planet. But all i'm hoping for i'm saving my famaly.

Back at base the commander came up to us and to say a few words against us. Some of us got promoted some didn't but their time will sure come. I got promoted to a Squadie sniper. I geuss this whas a pretty good run for us. Only sad thing is that, despite Abaren healed Linus , Linus is down for 9 days. Hope next mission will go as well as this one without him

Loco, Out.

Ps: sry for any typos

Fashion!Batman!

Name: Fashion! Batman!
Place of Birth: Gotham City
Military Background: Before I became The Well Dressed Dark Knight, I trained myself to use as many weapons and fighting styles as I could handle. I traveled the world learning what I could. I fought as a mercenary in many different countries, gaining experience in war and combat. I needed all this experience to fight the poorly dressed villains of Gotham City. But now I have done all I can for Gotham, I'm the hero they deserve, but not the one they need right now. So I decided to use my expertise in a place that needs me more, and that place is X-com.
Weapon of Choice: Any weapon you choose to give me.
Additional Background Story/ Origin: My parents were the most successful fashion designers in Gotham City. They were working on a secret project which they said would "change the fashion world forever". My parents kept what the were doing a secret, but a group of some of the wealthy elite of Gotham called The Tuxedo Society, run by a mysterious villain named Power Clasher, found out what my parents were doing and murdered them for it, leaving me an orphan. For the next 20 years I spent traveling the world train so I could bring Power Clasher and The Tuxedo Society to justice.

Grelite

Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Journal Entry: I was feeling a little better today, so I went out to the barracks to see what was going on with my fellow soldiers. It turned out a dropship had just left to check out an abduction site in the UK. Figures the others hadn't spoken much with the rookies about what happened in Brazil, so I figured it was a good time to brag, show off my war-wounds a little. I know most of them have a good amount of combat experience, I hope my telling them of our victory would shake some nerves off of them. With any luck they'll have the confidence to go up against this unknown enemy, saving them some of the troubles we faced in our first confrontation with the aliens.

I'd gotten curious how the mission in the UK went when the dropship returned. I saw Linus get rushed to medbay, but they still slapped his new Corporal tags right on him, I guess he did good. The other three seemed to have come out unharmed and Squaddie LocoRojo has been designated a fellow sniper. Maybe we'll get to exchange some advice.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Lethbridge Gin
Current Rank: Rookie
Total Kills since joining XCOM: None
Journal Entry: March 1th 2015
It has been only 1 day since i came and joined XCOM today me some other rookies were in training with assault rifles i can understand why i did not mind what class i get put into after a mission but like my dad said to wait my time will come. in the mess hall today i leaned a local rumor about an attack in Brazil that a team of 4 headed there so to pass the time i asked some of the rookies to play cards and i got bought some drinks all on me we told stores and got a we made good jokes. Until later the squad and commander Odd came back from Brazil and some of the lab boys brought some cargo on broad and taken to the lab. i was told that 2 of the squad were sent to medial i am planing to see them when they get better.

March 4th 2015 Entry
3 days later after what happened in Brazil in the barracks Grelite one of the squad members who went to Brazil with commander Odd came by and start telling about the enemy being aliens from mars and we asked what they look liked and he tells that they were short gray men with Two insect-like eyes using plasma guns. i did not believe what Grelite was saying so to prove it he let us see the the burns on his own arm he told us about this victory would shake some nerves off of us. i get he was trying to help us when we have to go and fight of these Martians i forgot to stayed that the UK was attacked by the aliens two rookies were sent names were LocoRojo, Aberen and Anicator when they got back from the UK linus was sent to medial for 9 days wow the aliens stand no chance with linus now he went to corporal i came by to linus and told him well done on his promotion and also good work on keeping UK from the aliens. LocoRojo and Aberen went to Squaddie today next time i see them i will just say well done on doing a great job for XCOM. but i was thinking what these aliens want from us i only hope they are the types of aliens the drain our blood and inject it in them. so that night i had a haunted nightmare. i hope the nightmares end soon.

Lethbridge Gin

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Bio Template

Name:Sarge
Place of Birth: Jerusalem, Israel
Military Background: 8 Year of service in Israel Defense Force, in Maglan Unit. Running special recon.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Killing of innocent civilians.
Weapon of Choice: Machine gun
Additional Background Story: Born and raised with a kibbutz working farm land and dj trance. Sarge was always a bad ass dude.

(i am sorry chris i am terrible with this type of stuff)

Presariov

Name: Presariov "Pres"
Current Rank: Rookie
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Journal Entry:
"Sounds like there were some alien abductions today. A dropship left this morning for the United Kingdom. This is all so unreal. I mean, they're actual aliens! I had my doubts about the whole thing until Grelite started showed us his wounds. They were deep and sort of charred looking, as if he had been burnt. He said the aliens had 'plasma guns' or something like that.

A couple of hours ago the dropship got back from the UK. Squadie Linus had a medic half-carrying him, and Commander Odd walked up and handed him a shiny new corporals badge. Must have been pretty heroic, whatever he did. Not to sound jealous, but I can't wait to see if these aliens are as tough as Grelite made them out to be. Maybe I should talk to Linus about fighting them since he's supposed to be at base for the next week or so. There were some other promotions too, both rookie to squadie. Can't wait to get some badges on my uniform...

I guess another reason I'd love to go out on a mission would just be to get outside. The lights in the base are supposed to 'mimic the ambiance of natural sunlight' but they just come off as tacky and a little too yellow. Not to say the base isn't cool, though. It all looks like it cam straight out of a sci fi movie!"

Status
Not open for further replies.