X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 Recruitment Centre - New Rules and TIPS - PLEASE READ ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phirun Cyning

First Name: Curtis
Last Name: Barnes
Biographical Synopsis: Born 10/26/90, in Florida. Moved around a bit, S.C, N.C, Cali, OK. Got into a military career at seventeen - lied about my age, of course. Ended up getting cert'd to drive anything you put in front of me; VTOL, fighter jet, tank, APC, a damn tricycle if need be. Got pushed up the ranks in Iraq for my long series of operations without casualties, though I can't see why everyone else didn't, too. Seems like the guy who drives the getaway car would get less recognition than the other soldiers, but who'm I to judge? Higher rank means more cash. Got approached by a shady government thing, full MIB, went to work. Made to sign some non disclosure agreements, with some... Interesting clauses about what happens if I talk about it. Written in bold. After I hung with them for a few years, went back to the Middle East for about a month before I got picked up by XCOM. Wonder if I can get cert'd to fly a UFO, heh.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Thommc18

First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Mckenzie
Biographical Synopsis: I fought in the Iraq war, a DevilDog, or Marine, as it is better known. During an attack to recapture an FOB (Forward Operating Base), my company was ambushed. We were posted in a valley to repel any counter attack coming from the west. Little had we known, there were Taliban patrolling the mountains to both sides of us. The first shot had come from a sniper, killing our Field Officer, and then another killing my squad's radio-man. We fought to the last man, me. The reinforcements our other radio-men had called in arrived to late to save anyone else. I received the Bronze Star for valor under fire. Then I was Honorably Discharged. A few months later, after not being able to find a job and living with my sister and her husband, (yes it was awkward, but neither would let me be homeless), I tried to reenlist. Only to be turned down because of my dis-charge before. I finally found a job, after months of depression, as security for the First World Bank. It was robbed three months into my career there. They were high-tech, it seemed as if they had military grade equipment. I was the only one spared there. I have no clue why, but those men left me alive. I stood trial against them once they were caught, yet even as I was an eye witness, they walked free. More depression came on after that. Survivors Guilt I suppose. I don't know why, but I got a call from a man asking me to basically do some shady stuff. I agreed, occupying myself couldn't hurt, right?
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

C

CodeOrange

First Name:Tilly
Last Name:Hunt

Biographical Synopsis: I am 22, My father is James Hunt of the U.S Marines,My mother past away giving birth, I grew up with father on the base, I joined the Army at age of 18 but decided i wanted bigger things so i decided i wanted to join xcom. So i can help people where they need it most

Grelite

Approved
Ian Mond
John Cooper
Necron Overlord
Tim Foster
[Curtis Barnes] - RESERVED, unsure if pilot or soldier [EXPIRED]
Thomas McKenzie
Tilly Hunt

Up for scrutiny
Peadar McLochlainn - Reasons: X-COM has existed for less than a month.
Pierre Manglaise - Reasons: Remains unchanged from last time, same reasons hold.

If you are up for scrutiny, please read the first post (again). If you still want to participate, make a new post of your revised application.

pete60750

First Name: Peadar (pad-ER)
Last Name: Mac Lochlainn (mack-LOCK-linn)

Biographical Synopsis: A member of the IRA during the NI Troubles, I quit when I realised there must be better causes to fight for. I traveled the world, participating in wars that I believed were just and right. About a month ago, I received an email from some guy calling himself "Commander Odd" who invited me to join this XCOM initiative to fight for the survival of the whole human species. That sounds pretty just to me. I am rather old, don't mistake me for a young fellow, but fire flows through these veins yet.

jimark

First Name: Pierre
Last Name: Manglaise
Biographical Synopsis: Served 12 years in the french air force before being discharged on medical grounds. Then worked in R&D for another decade before joining to get back into the fighter he misses. He also enjoys astronomy, and 80's British Musical Classics.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving my french self, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life. And my collection of 80s records.

Bad Karma

first name:Joshua
last name:Sherrill
Biographical Synopsis:i was born Sept. 13 1987 Camp Lejune NC.i shot my first gun when i was 5 and ive allways have been a good shot. i was always the summer camp champion for shooting my favorite channel when it came out was the outdoor chanel<but that all changed when my family was killed by gangsters in my home town fast forward 13 years i am new US marine recruit that joined one month ago and was going on a path to play collage football but i changed my mind that i wanted to protect my country.I am now trying to get recruited into XCOM so i can help save our world from alien domination

Sinceroly,Rokie Joshua Sherrill AKA Bad Karma

First Name:Ashe

Last Name:Light

Biographical Synopsis: I have been a mother's daughter. I barely went to the front lines, and I only stayed with her mom in the infirmary. I was a natural healer, but can be good with any gun, as long as it wasn't a sniper, because I can not handle the recoil. I have held my father on his last breath, when he was shot ten times in the chest. I have tried everything I could, but it was out of my league. Then, I have replaced my dad in the front lines, sometimes shooting, and other times being a medic. I have always dreamt of the moment, when I was going to be needed most, and I was sent on a special mission. I was kept a track of journals on the Afghanistan war, but it seems like it is ongoing. Then, one day, when I was thinking of retiring, the alien invasion happened. There was people right and left dying, but I couldn't seem to heal them. Them, there was others who suddenly turned against us, and shot at us. I have never thought that there was such traitors in our forces. We retreated, but it seemed useless, as more and more people died, and more and more people seemed to have joined the alien's sides. I have tried to warn her. I have tried to stop her, but my mom was determined to end the alien threat. Then, she suddenly turned towards me, and I think it was my imagination, but she had a purple glimmer on her head and eyes. She held her weapon at me, and tried to kill me, then I shot her. That day still hunts me. I am only 18, and I lose both of my parents in an endless war. Now, everyday, when I wake up, I almost call for my parents, to only realize that they are not with me.

Pledge:I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Grelite

Welcome, first post-episode two recruits!

Approved:
Paedar MacLochlainn
Joshua Sherill

Up for scrutiny:
Ashe Light - Reasons: Rule #8 violation

Pilot:
Pierre Manglaise

If you are up for scrutiny, please read the first post (again). If you still want to participate, make a new post of your revised application.

B

Bahhar

First Name: Bahhar
Last Name: Jurist
Biographical Synopsis: I grew up with money, everything that I wanted I got. My father ran an aeronautics design company and my mother was a commercial pilot. I didn't have a whole lot of friends and became obsessed with playing "soldier" with my toys, I especially liked my first toy jet; in fact, that was one of my earliest memories. As I grew into my teens, my obsession with things that could fly grew even stronger, and I was able to convince my father into letting me take flight lessons. I fell in love that day, the rumbling of the engines, the sound of the wind being sliced as we flew through it, it was all so exhilarating! Not too long after my 18th birthday, my parents were killed in a freak accident, my father was testing a new plane design, and he would let mother take the stick for the first flight. All that was left was the company; It was a tough time in my life, and I was willing to gid rid of all of it. However, that all changed when I met Col. Zach Ikelle, a new flight instructor who was an ex-military combat pilot. He convinced me to create a new combat flight simulator for a contract that was up for proposal. I was able to win the bid with the help of Col. Ikelle. We spent months working on this flight simulator, and by the time we finished, it was the most life-like experience the we had ever seen. From this day forward I was dedicated to becoming a combat pilot. I poured everything into this, my heart, soul and money. 100’s of hours were spent in different combat training scenarios via the combat simulators Zach and I designed, and I was becoming quite good, and eventually I even surpassed my mentor. I was nearing my time to take my placement exam with the Air Force, when a call came through for all active duty US Army, Navy and Air Force to meet up at their respective bases. No one knew why. It wasn't until a month later that the aliens made contact, and I had received a letter that my mentor, my last friend, had been KIA’d in a mission to try and take down this threat. Now I want revenge...

(Incase it wasn't bloody odvious enough, I would like to apply for the Raven-2 position)

Grelite

Pilot
Bahhar Jurist

Since we have 3 interceptor pilots now, there will be a new arrangement for pilot applications. There will be one pilot assigned per continent, no matter how many vessels are stationed there, or what vessel was stationed there. This means that pilots will become active as they are stationed around the world. As of now (post-episode 3) only Asia and North America have an active pilot, but that is likely soon to expand. The third pilot will be assigned to the third continent and so on. This means there can be a total of 5 interceptor pilots. Right now there are three.

LyingScoundrel

First name: Robert
Last name: Robinson
Synopsis:
Born James Hayley on the 13th January 1982 in London, England. Lived with parents. Went to school but had failing grades due to lack of concentration. Was driven into a life of crime by his friends. Age 14 he committed his first recorded offence, shoplifting. As he got older crimes became more serious. Age 17 he was hired into a grand heist, with the money he moved to Greece to get away from the authorities and changed his name to David Young. At age 23 he met the love of his life, Anastasia. They eventually married and had three children. He had bought numerous amounts of land and contracted buildings to be made on them, his fortune was solidified by renting out this land. Even though he was rich he started to miss the criminal life and slowly eased back into it. He was involved with a major crime family for 5 years of his life committing a range of crimes from fraud to murder. In the end he was betrayed by the crime family, his wife and 3 children murdered. He fled to the Philippines and lived in seclusion until the starting events of XCOM. By this time the European authorities had caught up to him and offered him two ways to be dealt with. Either stay in jail for life or join the XCOM Project as they would like someone of his "expertise". He reluctantly accepted the XCOM route and was given the new alias "Robert Robinson".

fdog213

Name:tdog
Last: Jackson
male

Tdog was part of the 39th infantry unit in Georgia when men came around recruiting people for a secret job they specifically came to me for the job saying I had experience in the field of battle and of course I had served five years on the front lines in Iraq. I had heard of the invasion of things on the news and I was ready for some action I am hoping for a big gun hopefully. So I joined them and here I am.

fdog213

Pledge:I have,on this day voluntarily enlisted myself,as an elite military soldier in the XCOM special forces.I am giving myself unconditionally to.the cause.I do blind myself to.conform in all instances to all rules and regulations as set forth by my supreme commander Christopher's. I trust him with my life.and by taking this oath I realize I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems .my life

M

Mr.Master23

First Name: Shane
Last Name: McGuiness
Biographical Synopsis: I am really angry to announce to myself that this is what I have to do. I come from a... different family. My mother, who recently died from cancer, was impregnated with me from a sectiod. However, many searches of me come up normal even with the newest technology. I'm here to support my wife and daughter, and even find out some of my strange heritage of being part alien. I think XCOM will help me learn more about their lives. I'll admit; killing these things maybe killing part of me, but as long as I take a break every mission or two, I shouldn't mind killing them. I love physical training, and I believe my gym work everyday will keep me alive. My roots are in the great country of Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grelite

Approved:
TDog Jackson

Up For Scrutiny:
Shane McGuiness - Reason: Even if a Sectoid were able to impregnate a woman, despite genetic differences, non-matching reproductive organs (or in case of Sectoids; any reproductive organs at all), inability to act outside of the Ethereal's will and having no reason to do this what-so-ever, the child would not have ended up among humans and would only be 3 months old maximum.

Jett_Storm

First Name:Jett
Last Name:Storm

Biographical Synopsis: I am now I was born in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I was happy with my life and I never wanted it to go away. Because my dad was a pilot, I was facinated by the world of aviation... and I always used sing out of the blue. So when I became a teenager, I decided to join the airforce cadets. I was top in my squad (4th Wing AAFC). And after afew months I started to realise that my squad was being watched by these mysterious and shadey people. Afterwards I asked one of my instructers what they were here for. All he said was "They are here because of you". On that very year I quit the Airforce cadets, I just couldn't stand being watched like that. After my school years. I joined the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force). The job was great and I never wanted to leave. Then it got... interesting. When I was on one of my patrols I realised weird things while I was flying. At first I thought they were Korean fighters but, they flew as fast as lighting. Then those things invaded. A fleet of these fast fighters swooped down from above. At first I didn't know what they were. Then I realised they weren't from this world. Quickly we were shot out of the sky by these plazma-shooting flying saucers. Only me, my wingman and the squad leader could get out of the fight. When we got back to base there they were again. Spaceships destoying everything. The only thing we could do was land at the base that was now just a pile of rubble. We decided to hide our planes and ourselves somewhere in the base. These... things must have seen us because we got ambushed inside the base. We had to split up so we would be harder to spot. We all shook hands, said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Not long after, These men found me. The same mysterious shadey men from cadets showed up. They said to me "Flight Lieutenant Storm, we have been Monitoring you ever since you joined the Airforce cadets and it has come to our attention that you are ready" "ready for what?" "Jett, you have been chosen for then XCOM project." "Never heard of it" "You weren't sopposed to. The XCOM Project is a top-secret project initiated by The Council of Nations to counter the massive global alien invasion after the world's militaries couldn't stop them.
This project has some of the best and brightest military and scientific personnel dedicated to defend Earth and we want you as our next military soldier.Are you in or are you out?" "I'm in."
Pledge: I, Jett Storm. On this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:

combinestrider17

First Name: Dylan
Last Name: Villerot
Biographical Synopsis: A young man from the state of Arizona within the United States, I have yet to marry and as such have nothing to lose by joining XCOM short of my life. Being a resident of Arizona, I am used to working in desert locales. I ran track in high school and was a great runner! I've always been a play it safe kind of guy and only took risks when it was absolutely necessary. I joined the United States Marines just like my father before me and felt glad I had done so when we heard of the alien invasion. With my training and skill I felt I would be an admirable addition to the XCOM project and volunteered.

MTDregger

First Name: Thomas
Last Name:
Kincaid
Race: Caucasian
Date of Birth: July 22, 1985

Biographical Synopsis: Thomas Eliot Kincaid was born on July 22, 1985, at Joshua Carter Memorial Hospital in Fort Sheridan, Illinois. The second child and only son of Senator James Kincaid and his wife Laura Scott-Kincaid, most of Thomas Kincaid's juvenile records have been sealed or misplaced. School records, however, indicate he was a troubled young man with deeply-rooted anger issues and utter disregard for authority.

Thomas Kincaid eventually graduated, but his dismal grades and the public disgrace of his father's revealed affair made it very difficult for him to continue his education. With few prospects and his family crumbling apart around him, Kincaid enlisted in the United States Marine Corps at the age of 19. There he found the much-needed discipline his pampered childhood had denied him. He would spend the next ten years serving his country, touring in both Afghanistan and Iraq, until late September 2010.

While traveling with his unit on guard duty for an Iraqi fuel convoy, Sergeant Kincaid sustained minor injuries when a roadside bomb detonated just a few feet behind his truck, peppering him with shrapnel and throwing the vehicle off the road. The Humvee traveling behind them was completely obliterated, however.

PFC Eugene Warrens, Corporal Shannon Lee, and Lieutenant Mike Hunt were all killed in the blast.

While Colonel Mitchell and the rest of the convoy went on ahead to get help, Kincaid and the Iraqi truck driver remained behind, eventually prying the door of the Humvee open and rescuing the only surviving occupant. There, the three of them waited in the shade of the overturned fuel-tanker for seventeen hours until help arrived.

Despite suffering only minimal injury, Kincaid was removed from active duty following a psychotic episode during which he assaulted three nurses and struck Colonel Mitchell while attempting to escape from the recovery ward. He was allowed to finish out his enlistment while undergoing psychological counseling, where he was diagnosed with Post -Traumatic Stress Disorder, and then retired with full honors.

Once again back in the 'real world', Kincaid has spent his time dealing head-on with the family troubles and emotional issues which have plagued him most of his life. He keeps in close touch with the surviving members of his unit, especially Colonel Mitchell. In fact, it was actually Mitchell who submitted Thomas Kincaid's name to the XCOM project short-list, passing it to General Solomon who then slipped it to a contact within the Council.

Mental Health issues aside, Kincaid has proven himself capable of keeping a level head in the field. Whether he can keep his temper and aggression in check while on-station is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.