1. Welcome to Gamigon.com

Gamigon is a diverse community of people that love games. Register today to get involved! You will make gamigon the goat happy and make friends for life!

Already a member? Login Now!

Things; Followed Immediately by Stuff: A Story of Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Big_Dread, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Big_Dread

Big_Dread New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yo, I go by Dread these days and these days I am now here. I found this place by, of course, watching Christopher Odd's videos. The videos obviously are pretty old but I was super stoked to see this place still sort of pulsing with vitality. Anyway, I am a huge XCOM junkie and also a forum-based RP junkie. Been doin' that kind of stuff since I was knee high to a ground hog, or 12 years old to be exact. I am mostly here for XCOM related awesomeness but like pretty much everything and have been jonesin' for a good RP fix for awhile. SO here I be. Greetings!

Sincerely, Expert Paragraph Formuologist and Word Maker-Uper, Dread

2. DarkGemini24601

DarkGemini24601 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, Big_Dread! Depending on how closely you've been following the RP, you may have noticed we are nearing the end of Story of Defiance. But do not worry. We're already giddy with ideas for continuations or other XCOM-related stuff, and RP not related to XCOM as well, so when the story concludes near the start of summer we'll start considering ideas.

Dunno if we'll start until after summer (at least, I'll be busy until then), but we'd love to have more people the next time around. *salutes*

With that out of the way, welcome to Gamigon. We're glad to have you.

3. Big_Dread

Big_Dread New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ekcerrent! Well then. I shall just have to wait for the tale to conclude, bide my time, and then strike when the new brain storming begins. Until then I shall sate my hunger on other pursuits.

4. MarineAvenger

MarineAvenger Operator 21O Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know it would be a monumental task but we have a whole story for you to enjoy. Some of it may be important in the future but who knows, either way, welcome.

5. Grelite

Grelite Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to Gamigon! There certainly is plenty of RP-related stuff to read and definitely an insatiable thirst for new stories on this forum.

6. Sarge

Sarge Just fix stuff. Staff Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the forums glad to have you! You can start your own mini rp in the short stories section or joins someone elses.

Marine we are we set to start a new RP? we already have 2 new people waiting to join in.

7. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, just gotta remember that were nearing the climax of Story of Defiance, so that might lessen participation from anyone doing both for awhile.

8. MarineAvenger

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Plus we need a set idea for the next RP, for now we have just been brainstorming as well.

9. Big_Dread

Big_Dread New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there a brainstorming thread I might be able to participate in? Or any place where people post openings for RPs or interest checks?

10. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We could start a thread in the Role-Play Discussion forums for any of that stuff. I'm not sure we're ready to start talking about what comes after Story of Defiance just yet, though.

If you want to join an established roleplay, just PM whoever started it. (Usually the one who made the thread with the exception of SoD) If you want to start one of your own, you can do that.

11. Adrammalech

Adrammalech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The brainstorming will probably pop up once the final mission comes or ends. I imagine everyone will want a little breather before hopping into another story.

12. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And as I've said numerous times, that breather will probably be the summer since I'm going to have a total of 4 weeks where I'm strictly unavailable split into two parts.

13. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Update: we will be starting on June 22nd when I get home from my vacation.

14. MarineAvenger

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Big_Dread, last seen...April...17th...huh.

15. DarkGemini24601

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He missed the april 18th incorrect info, so im not sure if he knows anything, has a misconception, or was dragged away, or forgot xD