Star Wars: Rise of Darkness

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
It is a time of desperation in the galaxy. Five years after the Jedi Civil War, the remnants of the Sith Empire are hunting down and exterminating lost members of the Jedi Order to purge the galaxy into a period of darkness. The Republic is in disarray and the pressing Sith forces are continuing to press on Republic borders. On the Outer Rim world of Treum, something is coming that will change the outcome of the war to come.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Name: Ryson Orrak
Race: Human
Home: Farm in the plains of Treum
Height: 6'0
Weight: 160 lbs.
Physical Description:
Ryson is a growing teen with short trimmed black hair, though over long periods of time he has been known to grow out his hair which usually comes out into a messy fashion. He has dark green eyes and is very light skinned. He has a tattoo on his left arm in Galactic Basic, which literally translates into Slave.

Backstory: Ryson and his twin sister Elira, were orphans on the Telos Citadel station. Their parents were killed in the Sith bombing of Taris five years prior. They were taken by slavers who had come to the planet to look for easy captives and they were sent to the slave planet of Ryloth. After a year of severe beatings and bad living conditions, a large slave revolt allowed the twins to escape, who stowed away on a slaving vessel. The siblings stowed away on multiple vessels and at the ages of twelve, the two ended up in the Citadel Station, where they were living in an abandoned apartment near the Ithorian sector. Alone and afraid of everyday, the twins did their best to survive on the station. Ryson and Elira were forced to resort to stealing from medical wards and people on the station. One day, Ryson was caught stealing by a TSF officer and a chase ensued. Ryson was nearly caught when he ran into a hooded figure who was on his way to a shuttle. The man covered for Ryson, saying that he was the boys father and he paid for the stolen items. Ryson was confronted by the man and upon hearing his story he reluctantly agreed to let Ryson and his sister travel with him, the cost paying off the debt he owed the man.

They were taken by the man to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, where upon arrival the twins found out that the man was actually a Jedi Master by the name of Nevalin Orrak. The twins were put to work in the archives of the temple and when the First Great Jedi purge commenced, Orrak took the twins and fled the planet to the Outer Rim to go into hiding. Before leaving, Orrak had gotten permission from the Council to adopt them kids as his own. On the grassy planet of Treum, Nevalin had taken up farming and the kids as well helped out. Although the fact that Nevalin was a Jedi Master was always looming over Ryson's head he respected the fact that Orrak would not want to talk about him being a Jedi. Now after years of solitude, the family of three are living peaceful lives in the Outer Rim, but an incoming force of Sith forces are going to disrupt the small lives they have been living and thrust Ryson and Elira down a path were nothing is for certain.

Links:
Dark Wars
Citadel Station
Telos Security Force
Ryloth
Jedi Archive

Last edited:

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Name: Elira Orrak
Home: Farm in the plains of Treum
Height: 5'7
Weight: 134 lbs.
Physical Description:
Elira is the twin sister of Ryson and the two share very similar facial features. Elira has long dark hair that she usually ties in an intricate braid (Similar to a French Braid). Unlike her brother, she has multiple freckles along her nose and scattered on her cheek. She shares the same dark green eyes and has a slave tattoo on her right arm.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
The tall grass of the plains wave ever so slightly as a soft wind blows across the rolling hills. A wild Gizka appears from the grass and scuttles about, sniffing the ground for food. Out of nowhere a blaster shot rang out and the Gizka fell. Elira came out from the grass and picked the small animal up. She looked it over and was pleased to see that she hit it right in it's head. A smile spread from ear to ear and she slung the small animal over her shoulder and ran off in the other direction.

Ryson was working in the field, hacking at the weeds that were starting to sprout along the nicely made rows of vegetables and fruits. Pulling on the sprouts were hard and tedious but over the years he has grown out and has developed a somewhat large muscular frame. Moving down the rows, a shadow stands over Ryson and he looks up.

Nevalin smiled over him and held out a glass of water. "You have been doing nice work. You have definately been getting better at the whole farming situation."

Ryson took the glass and sat down in the dirt. "So have you it seems. From Jedi to farmer in only a couple of years, it is impressive." He took a swig and noticed the former warriors hard face.

"You know that I don't like it when you bring that up. My life in the Order is over for now, we are just simple farmers trying to get by." He said, a condescending tone in his voice.

"Why not, it is not like the Sith know where we are. We are on an isolated world in the Outer Rim, there are no threats out here." Ryson took another swig of his drink and he sat it down in the dirt next to him. "Besides, even if the Sith came here, you are Jedi Master. You could take them on with no problem." He stated, waving a hand dismissively.

The older man shook his head. "The Sith is not something to take lightly Ryson. They are very tough in battle and have killed many Jedi in the past years; They were all better men than I. Remember that we are not invulnerable warriors, our strength comes from our connection to the Force and all living things. A Jedi is only as powerful as his conviction." Nevalin sighed and he put a hand on Ryson's shoulder, causing him to look up into the middle aged man's eyes. "You are young Ryson, I do not expect you to understand everything."

Ryson gave a smirk. "Whatever you say, uh..." He looked down. Ryson had a hard time calling Nevalin his father. It had never come natural to him but Elira had taken a liking to calling him 'Dad'. Ryson was relieved when he saw Elira coming over the hill carrying something, allowing himself to escape the awkward situation he was in. "Elira, what have you scored today?"

His twin walked down the grassy hill with a grin on her face. "We are having gizka tonight! I would have preferred a nerf but they aren't too common around here unfortunately."

Nevalin walked up to the girl and she hugged him. "Me and Ryson have just got done weeding and harvesting some of the crops. It looks like I am going to prepare a big meal tonight."

Elira's smile widened even more and she nodded her head excitingly. Ryson wished he could be as enthusiastic as his twin but he was too tired at the moment. "Good job sis." He turned to his father. "Can I go wash up and change?"

The man smiled and nodded. Without another word Ryson left the two and headed back to the homestead that they lived in. It was large enough, it had three bedrooms and two washrooms, a kitchen and an eating area. There was a large open courtyard in the middle of it all and it was Ryson's favorite spot. He often went there to think to himself and reflect on the journey he has been on. Sometimes Nevalin would join him and often he meditated along with the former Jedi. It was especially nice in the spring when the flowers would bloom and the sun would come down just right. It was the closest thing to normality he could get and he was content with just that.
----------------------------------
Ryson walked out of the washroom wiping his head with a towel and proceeded to his room to get a shirt, as he had not brought one into the shower. Shutting the door behind him, he looked out the small window to the side of his bed and looked out onto the never ending plains of long grass waving in the breeze. From what he knew of Treum, the entire planet was covered in mostly grasslands similar to to this and very little oceans covered the surface. Most of the planet's water was underground, allowing the lush greens to grow on the surface and allowed an extensive well network to collect drinking water. Not many people lived on the planet from what he learned. Compared to other worlds, this was scarcely populated, with the last census claiming only seven million inhabitants.

On the Citadel, everything seemed packed together and everyone was in a hurry. Living out in isolation was something alien to him. Even on Ryloth there was an influx of slaves everywhere. He didn't know if he was being over dramatic but the feeling lingered none the less. He sat on his bed and he laid down, closing his eyes and just letting his mind wander. Ryson had made a bad habit of spacing out but it was when his mind was clear that he thought the most. Whenever he tried to think consciously he drew a blank but during rest he felt at peace. A soft whisper broke him of his concentration and he sat up. "Is someone there?"

He strode out of his room and looked down both ends of the hallway. Seeing no one he was about to turn back into his room when he heard it again, this time closer and slightly louder. He slowly made his way down the hall, the whispers growing more constant and in volume the farther down he moved. The whispers reached their peek when he was face to face with the door of his father's bedroom. He debated whether or not to actually enter, the a voice in the back of his mind told him not to, but it was like his heart was thinking otherwise. He slowly pushed the door open and walked into the large room. Even though it was dark he could see most of the features in the room and he walked over to a large footlocker near the end of his bed.

Opening the locker, he looked at the contents with wide eyes. Orrak's robes were nicely folded on the left side of the locker with a couple of holopads laid on top. What really caught his eye however was the multiple items on the right side. Holocrons of different shapes, sizes and colors were laid out orderly and a lightsaber was below them laying down horizontally. He took out the lightly colored weapon and he held it in his hands. He ran his hands along the polished silver metal and outlined the gold highlights with his finger. He held it out in front of him and he press the activation switch, the blue blade shot out with a hiss. He let the blade illuminate the darkness and he twirled it around a few times to get the feel for it. He looked at the blade, admiring the weapon. Even though he worked in the temple archives, he never really got to see a lightsaber this close before.

"What do you think you are doing Ryson?" The voice startled him and he turned around slowly, seeing Nevalin standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and a disappointing look on his face.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Ryson stared at the man and he lowered the lightsaber, unable to speak. "I asked you a question, I expect an answer Ryson." The way he spoke was not of anger but a calm that terrified Ryson more than he would angry. He opened his mouth to speak but the words caught in his throat and he looked down, deactivating the blade and handing it to Nevalin.

"I am disappointed in you Ryson. I thought you better than to snoop through my personal belongings but it appears I was wrong in that regard." Nevalin clipped the lightsaber to his belt and when Ryson went to leave he held out his arm. "You still haven't answered my question."

Ryson looked up at his father and he finally mustered up the courage to speak. "I don't know...it was like it called out to me and I could help but to follow it."

The man looked a little startled by the answer but he kept his calm demeanor. "So you thought it was right to go through my stuff? Ryson I don't ask much of you. I ask you to help work in the fields, help clean and maintain the equipment, and to not bring up the past..."

Ryson shook his head in anger and he stared down Nevalin. "Why are you so afraid of talking about the Jedi? Look where we live! We live here in isolation with nothing but farming and more farming."

Orrak shook his head and stopped him once more. "This is the life we lead now Ryson, the sooner you realize that fact the easier it will become for you to stop this folly." He spoke in a hushed voice and leaned into his ear. "It is time to let go of the Jedi and move on with our lives. That is all I ask."

He shook his head and he pushed past Nevalin and walked down the hallway. He stopped halfway and he turned around at the man staring at him from the doorway. "You have no idea what me and Elira have been through. You may be able to let go of the past but I can't. You are just a paranoid old warrior who is good for nothing but wasting away his life on a farm in the middle of nowhere." Ryson walked away, his eyes watery and his stride fast paced.

Nevalin was hurt deeply by the words and stood un-moving in the doorway. He took the lightsaber off of his belt and stared at it. "Oh Ryson, you couldn't be farther from the truth. It is hard trying to let go, but I must do this to protect you, Elira and myself." He looked back down the hallway and ran after Ryson.

Ryson walked with a fast pace and a heavy heart. How could I have said that? I know this must be hard on him, having to abandon the Order but this just isn't working. I can't just forget the home I had at the Temple. He walked past the kitchen and Elira looked behind herself, seeing the look her brother was giving. He didn't stop so she went after him. "Ryson?" She jogged after him and when she heard the sound of a speeder coming on she ran as fast as she could outside. She came out just in time to see Ryson speed of into the plains. "Ryson! Where are you going!?"

She stood in disbelief at the fact that her brother just flat out ignored her. She knew how he got whenever he felt guilty about something, how couldn't she. It was the same way he acted each time after he stole something. Nevalin ran out from the house, breaking her line of thought and she looked at her father. "What happened, why did he just storm off?"

Nevalin looked out on the horizon, at the waving grass and the orange sky that held a setting sun. "He just needs time, it is what we need..."

She didn't ask what he meant by we but she looked out in the direction that her brother had departed. "Ryson..."

Grelite

Name: Thaurr-Vann
Homeworld: Draethos
Race: Draethos
Height: 2.02 m
Weight: 89 kg
Force Sensitive: Yes
Faction: Sith Duumvirate

Weapons:
Lightfoil with Qixoni crystal

History:
Encountering an exiled Draethos was a rare and to find one in the Jedi Order even more so. As such, Thaurr-Vann was always confronted by the expectations people had of him to be like Odan-Urr, the legendary Jedi who had established the Jedi Code as they knew it that day. Though they never confronted him about this, whenever Odan-Urr was discussed Thaurr had gotten looks from his fellow Jedi he was not sure how to interpret.

Yet he was not too concerned with history and he was eventually assigned to be the Padawan to a Force Warrior. Despite his exile from Draethos, Thaurr still showed prowess in combat, making some wonder why he was ever exiled from that warrior culture; something Thaurr refused to talk about. Eventually he was made a Jedi Knight and was from then on officially a Force Warrior.

When the Gank Massacres broke out and Jedi were sent to end the conflict between the Republic and the Gank, Thaurr was first introduced to the public view of Jedi. His curiosity was sparked and he investigated more about what the Jedi Order seemed like from the outside. Having known only Draethos culture and life in the Jedi Order, these investigations started a doubt about the Order in him that eventually would lead to his abandonment of the Jedi ways.

Thaurr was sent to fight alongside the Juggernaut war droids during the end of the Gank Massacres and took that chance to disappear. He started exploring the galaxy, trying to find his place and studying sides of the Force unexplored by the Jedi and though tempted by the Dark Side, this was not his fall. Spending the next few hundred years as a nomad, he learnt more and more about the Force while avoiding the greater conflict in the galaxy.

After the Battle of Malachor V, Thaurr decided to investigate the remains of the broken planet, thinking his knowledge and experience with the Force would protect him from the Wound in the Force. His will, however, was not enough to resist and from that moment on he would walk with the corruption of the Dark Side. Others who shared in the corruption joined him on Malachor V and the Sith Triumvirate was formed. There he encountered Ferona Aldena, the corrupted Jal Shey, and taught her how to use the Force for things other than diplomacy. After Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion betrayed Darth Traya, Thaurr and his apprentice were sent out into the galaxy to hunt down Jedi by Darth Sion.

Last edited:

Grelite

Name: Ferona Aldena
Homeworld: Coruscant
Height: 1.77 m
Weight: 66 kg
Force Sensitive: Yes
Faction: Sith Duumvirate

Equipment:
Blue-bladed Lightsaber
Neophyte Jal Shey armour

History:
“Why are we here again?” Ferona walked down the ramp of the old freighter, the surface of Malachor V laid out before her sending shivers down her spine. Mentor Varren Tae was ahead of her, he seemed not nearly as disturbed by this place. “I am beginning to wonder if you know anything other than those five words, Neophyte.”

Wrapping her arms around herself and pulling her shoulders up Ferona hoped to protect herself from the cold presence that overwhelmed her as she set foot into the broken soil. “And I wonder if you’ll ever remember my name, Mentor Tae.” Varren chuckled briefly, but the unsettling darkness of their location cut short any effort to lighten the mood. “Remember what I told you when I first picked you up on Coruscant?” The question felt hollow, as did her answer: “A rational mind can overcome anything?” The old mentor nodded, making his way toward a scarred valley. There’s nothing rational about this place, Ferona thought as she followed him.

The pair stopped a kilometre further, surrounded by steep cliffs. Ferona could feel the walls coming toward her, claustrophobia beginning to set it. Varren seemed calm as ever, putting his hand on the cliff wall, likely trying to get a reading on the effects of the Wound. Looking at her Mentor’s back a thought flashed through her mind: she could strike him down and get out of here, no one would know. She shook her head, these thoughts were not her own, it was this place.

Your Mentor betrayed the Jal Shey by coming here. He intends to betray you as well. She took a step back from Varren, her eyes darting around the cliff edges. Why would he bring you here? You are not even an Advisor yet. As Varren disturbed a loose pebble her stare returned to her Mentor. How can you hope to defend yourself against a Mentor? You must strike first. Ferona’s eyes widened and steadied her stance.

“What is wrong, Ferona?” Varren had stood up and saw the frightened look on her face and the hilt in her hand. As he slowly approached her he tried to calm her down: “Perhaps we should get moving ag-”, he stopped in his tracks as the blade from Ferona’s lightsaber punctured his chest. She stepped back, deactivating her saber, tears welling in her eyes as Varren’s lifeless body fell to the ground with a disheartening thump. In panic she turned and ran back toward the ship.

As she sat down in the pilot seat and laid her face in her hands she heard a voice behind her. “You had best find your strength lest you wish this place destroy you.” Ferona stood up, lightsaber in hand to face the mysterious voice. In front of her she found an old Draethos and as she saw him his presence became incredibly intense. “You are hurt and afraid, I understand, but this is about survival. Leaving this place will not save you, accepting it will.” Her master’s death, the pressure from the Wound and now the presence of this man became too much to bear. She gave way to the darkness and collapsed.

Grelite

Ferona entered Thaurr’s quarters where he was meditating on the bed. “We are about to exit hyperspace.” “Thank you, Ferona I will be out soon.” She sighed and headed back to the bridge. As her former Mentor’s ship exited hyperspace and the rural world came appeared in view her Master walked up behind her. She turned toward him, sickened by the sight of Thaurr in Varren’s armour. “Must you wear that, you do realize I killed the last man who wore that, right?” “You said the same thing the last five times I wore this armour.”, Thaurr sat down in the seat beside her, “Besides, I much improved this armour yesterday by finally fixing that awkward hole in the chest-piece.”

The ship set down on Treum, hissing as the pressure equalized. Thaurr marched down the ramp, apprentice in tow, his eyes set on the homestead ahead. “Are you sure we will encounter a Jedi this time?” Thaurr halted for a moment, his gaze still focussed on the building ahead. “The intel was good.” With a hand to her head she replied: “You said the same thing the last five times.”

Grelite

//The following is a co-operative write-up between MarineAvenger and Grelite//
Part 1.

Wind blowing through the fields and sunset fast approaching, the two dark figures approached the homestead on foot. With a rap on the door they made their presence known to the occupants.

Both Elira and Nevalin turned towards the door and looked at one another. It was not often on a planet like this that visitors would come by and Nevalin couldn’t help but feel like there was a strange presence in the air. Pushing the feeling aside, he walked up to the door and opened it, staring face to face with two armoured people.

“Excuse our intrusion, good man,” Thaurr began, “but we are Jal Shey, seeking shelter for the approaching night. This seems to be the only building around for kilometres and our fuel reserves are running low.” Ferona silently stood behind him, staring at the ground.

Nevalin smiled and he wove his hand into the building. “Please come in then. My daughter and I were in the middle of making supper. We can have a bed arranged though it won’t be much.” He let the pair walk in and closed the door behind him, eyeing the Draethos from behind.

“Thank you so much.” Thuarr removed his cloak as he stepped into the house. “I am Mentor Thaurr-Vann and this is Neophyte Ferona Aldena.” He bowed briefly to Nevalin and Ferona did the same.

Nevalin did the same, returning the bow and Elira walked into the room, eyeing their guests. Nevalin turned to her and waved for her to bow as well. “My name is Nevalin Orrak, and this is my daughter Elira. My son is...out for the moment but we can expect him to return soon.”

Thaurr nodded briefly, affirming the respect and hospitality of the Nevalin and Elira. “This is a lovely place you have.” He cast a glance toward Ferona before turning back to Nevalin. “Truly, I am honoured to be your guest.” As Thaurr showered the host in compliments Ferona approached Elira and quietly asked for the restroom.

Elira gave the girl the directions and went back to the kitchen, checking on the dinner. Nevalin watched as the two girls departed and Nevalin looked back at the visitor. “So what brings a Jal Shey to an Outer Rim world like this? Do you have some business in this sector?”

Thaurr let out a short chuckle. “Oh no, I am far too old for today’s fast politics. I took my Neophyte here to show her the value of hard work,” he raised his arms, indicating he was talking about the homestead. “And this is a prime example!” Meanwhile, his Apprentice snuck out of the restroom and started exploring the house.

“Yes it was definitely hard getting the farm off the ground at first but it became easier as time went on.” He put a hand on the Draethos’s shoulder and led him into the dining area of the house. “I expect you have seen a lot of the galaxy, has there been any major news? Last time we had an update was a couple of months ago and as you imagine the flow of information is not really accessible here.”

The old Draethos took a seat and pondered for a moment. “Not much has changed on a galactic scale in the past months. It seems everyone is still at odds with one another, conflict without an end in sight.” He scratched his chin. “As for smaller news… Ferona has been bugging me about this new datapad or something. Honestly I don’t know what these young ones do with this modern technology.”

“You would be surprised with what some ask for. Luckily for me my kids aren’t too picky about gifts...” A faint hum came from the distance and Nevalin looked past his guest and out a window. “It appears one is returning.”

After encountering little interesting in most rooms, Ferona came upon the footlocker that hid the old Jedi’s past. She recognized the objects inside and for a moment did not know whether to be excited or terrified. Taking one in hand she took a moment to focus for it to activate. Jackpot.

Ryson let the speeder coast into a stop and he turned it off, looking curiously at the ship that was landed a distance away. He walked up to the door and placed his hand on it, a bad feeling in the back of his mind and he stepped in. He walked into the kitchen and saw Elira preparing the food on the plates and she gave him a look that indicated something was wrong. He walked into the dining area and saw Nevalin and a strange looking alien already sitting at the table. “Welcome home Ryson.” Nevalin waved a hand at the guest across from him. “This is a Jal Shey by the name of Thaurr, he will be joining us tonight along with his Neophyte.” Ryson bowed slightly and he took a seat.

As Thaurr bowed his head toward Ryson and was about to speak up, Ferona entered the dining room, somewhat pale look on her face. “Nice to meet you, young one.” He turned to Ferona. “Are you feeling alright?” Her eyes darted between the people in the room and sat down across from her Master. “I-I’m fine. Just… A little sick from the spaceflight.” Thaurr nodded shortly.

Ryson eyed the girl and he looked at his father. Nevalin looked at the girl with concern. “Then please sit down child, the food should be done shortly.” Elira walked in shortly after, setting down the plates in front of everyone and sat down at her spot next to Ryson.

“Well, Ferona, what do you think? Can you learn much from this place, or what?” For a moment Ferona stared at her Master, hesitant to answer. “Yes, Mentor, I am sure I can.” Pleased with this answer Thaurr stood up. “This calls for a toast.” He positioned himself ever so slightly behind Nevalin, raising one hand to hide the one going to his hilt. “To hospitality in a galaxy at arms!”

Nevalin looked at Ryson, both of them sensing it at the same time and Nevalin twisted in his chair, throwing it at the old alien and igniting his lightsaber. “Ryson, Elira run!”

The chair shattered around Thaurr, but he seemed unphased igniting the lightfoil in his hand. Ferona jumped up, igniting her blade, glaring at the two children. “Not a simple farmer after all, Jedi?” Thaurr snarled.

“Was until you came here Sith!” He took note of the apprentice on the other side of the room, and he jumped back a meter or two and threw the girl away from the twins. “Go! I can hold them off!” He glared at the two Sith and he raised his lightsaber to eye level, pointing it at the pair and placed his dominant foot behind him. The twins ran up the stairs to their respected rooms, Ryson grabbing a vibrosword and Elira grabbed her rifle and blaster. Ryson ran into Nevalin’s room and grabbed the holocrons and placed them into his bag.

Not taking his eyes off of the Jedi ahead of him he addressed his apprentice: “Ferona, get back to the ship. This is between the two of us.” Ferona looked up to her Master for a moment, got up and left. As soon as the door closed behind her, Thaurr sent a wave of Force from beneath Nevalin, trying to slam him into the ceiling.

Nevalin twisted in the air, trying his best to stop the sudden power but he slammed into the ceiling lightly, using the Force to cushion the impact and landed on his feet. He looked at his enemy and advanced, moving his lightsaber in a flurry of light blows.

With a twirl of the blade, Thaurr began to parry the incoming strikes, using his free hand to direct a plate from the table toward Nevalin before putting more pressure on his counters, making several strong sweeps toward his legs.

He blocked the first of the sweeps to his legs but the incoming plate caused him to turn and slice it with his blade, using the momentum to swing himself in a spinning kick at his opponent. Meanwhile, Ryson and Elira ran out a door on the other side of the house, coming out into the dark. They turned to go to the front of the house and Ryson caught sight of the ship in the distance. “What are you thinking Ryson?” Elira said the question in her usual ‘here we go again’ tone and Ryson charged at the ship, his sister close in tow.

Though Thaurr was not fast enough to move his lightfoil toward the incoming kick, he could brace himself and let the armour take the impact, taking this chance to grab the outstretched leg with his free arm and trying to sweep his other leg from under him with his own.

The Draethos managed to sweep his leg out from under him and he fell to the ground. Seeing his leg still in the Sith’s grasp he threw the alien using both of his legs and a little assistance from the Force and threw Thaurr over him. Ryson advanced towards the ship and seeing the ramp closed, Elira walked to the ship and shot the panel with her rifle, causing the door to open. Elira boosted him into the ship, Ryson letting his hand down to help his sister in and he held the sword in a tight grip.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Part 2

“Leave the ship,” the twins heard over the intercom on the ship, “you will not be harmed if you just leave and run.” Ferona’s voice was as diplomatic as she could muster, unsure whether she should engage the duo. Inside the house Thaurr had been thrown forward but managed to escape the impact with a shoulder roll, quickly spinning around throwing a blast of Force toward his opponent on the ground.

Nevalin didn’t expect the wave to be as powerful as it was and it sent him flying down thehall and near the front door where he first let the intruder into his home. I hope those two aren’t doing anything stupid…

“This is totally stupid Ryson!” Elira said in a hushed voice. “Even if you dabbled in sword play at the Temple doesn’t make you ready for a Sith.” He didn’t listen to her as he walked trying to find the woman. “You come into my home, try to kill my father and just expect me to run away! You have another thing coming to you lady!” He let his voice ring out throughout the ship and he walked slowly forward, trying to be on alert. Elira held her blaster in her hand and walked behind Ryson. Be careful Dad.

“As you wish”, Ferona’s voice had audibly changed to a darker tone. A moment later all power on the ship went out and all were bathed in darkness. Haunted by silence, the twins were being watched from the shadows as whispers echoed through the halls. “Last chance to leave, boys and girls.”

Thaurr marched toward Nevalin, flourishing his blade letting flow free the overwhelming presence of the Dark Side. The floor creaked beneath him, but the sounds seemed muffled in the thick aura of darkness that surrounded the Sith Master. “Play time is over.”

Nevalin looked at the sight before him and closed his eyes in concentration. When he opened the them he threw his lightsaber spinning at the dark lord and blew a shockwave of Force energy that he used to burst through the door at the alien.

Ryson and Elira stood back to back looking in all directions. Elira looked through the tiny scope on her blaster and scanned the area in front of her while Ryson’s eyes were still adjusting to the darkness. He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself, and for a moment, he felt the woman.

In that moment of concentration Ferona threw a wave of Force between the pair, throwing them in opposite directions, followed by the sound of a door closing between the twins. Ferona could feel the dark presence of her Master even from this distance and it unsettled her as she withdrew back into the shadows.

Thaurr parted the wave of Force coming toward him with his blade held in front of him, catching the incoming lightsaber by the ignited blade with his free hand. For a second he let the moment set in as he held the plasma shaft before cutting the hilt in two with his lightfoil. The broken lightsaber parts falling to the ground, Thaurr stepped on the remains as a final act of defiance before it was back to business.

Nevalin laid still for a moment gathering his strength. With his blade gone he had no choice but to do a final desperate act. He gathered the Force around him and he held out a hand, letting the Force overtake him as he began to collapse the house.

Ryson looked back at the closed door and hoped that Elira would be fine on her own. He held the blade in both hands and slowly walked forward. Listening for any hint of a sound he closed his eyes once more and he could feel the woman’s presence like a light touch in the back of his mind. Turning around suddenly, he swung behind him with all his might, narrowly missing the stealth adversary.

Ferona was surprised, feeling the breeze behind the swinging blade, stepping back before igniting her lightsaber, the room now dimly illuminated by the blue pulsing blade. There was little to read on her face, despite her surprise. Clearly, she was focussed in this darkness.

Having holstered his blade and using the Force to punch through the falling debris, Thaurr approached the ci-devant Jedi Master though progress was slow. He caught a falling beam on his shoulder, having to slowly lift and throw it aside, the debris between him and Nevalin becoming more and more of an obstacle.

Nevalin saw the enemy having trouble and used this moment to his advantage. Using the force to pick up a near by rock, he sent the object flying at the opponent.

Ryson charged at the Sith and clashed blades with the woman. Size wise she was a little smaller than he was but her strength was undeniable. He pushed against her with all his might and looked into the woman’s eyes. “Why do you do this? Why did you have to attack us?”

The rock shattered on Thaurr’s fist, but in turn another beam fell on him. In a moment of rage he blew the debris away from him in a hemisphere of Force energy. So close he was to his target, this would end on his terms, but he sensed the conflict on the ship. “There is no other path for me anymore.”, Ferona gave way to his push to move to his side and swung toward his off-hand arm.

Ryson moved into the the woman’s swing and grabbed her wrist, a move that even surprised him. He used his strength to spin around and threw her at the same metal door she had closed earlier. He then ran down the hallway to meet up with his sister.

Nevalin was on one knee, breathing heavily as his energy was running thin. He was not as powerful as he had once been. He ran to the ship off a ways up the hill, sensing a dark presence resonating within.

Thaurr burst out of the collapsing house, pursuing his target with long strides while trying to pull the weakened Nevalin toward him with the Force. Aboard the ship Ferona deactivated her blade once more to take back the advantage of darkness. She knew she ship like no other, none alive anyway, making her way to the engine room.

Ryson could barely see where he was going and bumped into a familiar figure, his sister grasping him. “Don’t leave me again!” Ryson squeezed his sister back and the continued on, trying to find the exit.

Nevalin struggled to reach the ship with the Sith trying to pull him away. He nearly reached the door but he tripped and fell forward, his strength failing him as his extended use of the force took a toll on his body.

The dirt and grass offered little resisting friction as Thaurr dragged Nevalin away from the ship and toward him, as he was now standing triumphantly a few metres from the ship. As Nevalin got closer and closer Thaurr’s voice boomed in the night air: “Any last words, Jedi?”

Nevalin looked at the approaching Sith and he closed his eyes. “Not to you!” He reached out to the mind of his step son and he talked calmly to him. Ryson, I am sorry I wasn’t able to protect you. You must take you sister and flee Treum. No matter what happens, do not return here. Go to Ossus...it is where you will learn the truth... Nevalin opened his eyes and he stared at the Sith as he approached.

Thaurr grabbed Nevalin by the throat and lifted him into the air, leaving his feet to dangle above the ground. He pulled back his hand before moving it swiftly forward, penetrating through his chest, his hand emerging on the other side. Watching his victim gasp in his hand, he clenched the hand around the Jedi’s throat, snapping the neck before throwing the body aside.

Ryson’s eyes widened and he fell to his knees, letting out a deafening scream. He was breathing heavily and his eyes became watery. He slammed his fist against the ground and stood up. He walked forward with a heavy stride and completely ignored the fact that he felt a near by dark presence near by. He came upon the door they entered and he jumped out of the ship, his sister struggling to keep up. When he saw the limp body on the ground Elira started to bawl and Ryson walked forward.

Thaurr looked at the children, still covered in the blood of the slain Jedi. “He was a man who did not understand power and those stuck in these pitiful ways must be done away with should this galaxy ever know peace and justice.” He walked toward the ramp of the ship as it whirred back into action and the ramp lowered.

Ryson knelt in horror next to his dead father and he lowered his head. Elira couldn’t move as the Sith walked past her and onto the ship. Laying his head onto his father’s, he looked up at the ship and a sense of anger and rage washed over him. “And the person who murdered my father will be sorry for what he has done.” He muttered as the ramp ascended.

Before the ramp could fully close a voice could be heard from the ship as Ferona ran toward her Master. “Master! The boy! The boy has Jedi training!”

Ryson took a deep breath as he watched the ramp close, and the look the Sith gave him etched in his mind as the ship zoomed off. He looked down and stood up with his head hung low. He collapsed next to his twin and hugged her tightly, trying to shield her eyes from the gruesome sight up ahead.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
He held his sister for what seemed like a whole galactic cycle. Her tears had soaked his shoulder and he just held her tighter. He had to pull her off but she started to cry even louder and she laid down in the grass. He walked to his past father's corpse and closed his eyes in respect for the Jedi Master. Ryson looked up, the sky different shades of purple and black, the last fringes of orange starting to disappear on the horizon. Walking over to the rubble of what had once been their sanctuary. He pulled rubble from the front of the house, trying to gain access to the section of the house that had no been collapsed, mainly the bedrooms and the back section of the place. Climbing up and over the cracked stones and supports he managed to get over and up the stairs, climbing them somberly as he approached his room.

Pushing open the door, he went over to his closet and opened his footlocker, the insides containing a holopad and a pouch of credits. During his time in the Temple, although he was working a debt to Nevalin, the Temple still paid him a moderate sum of credits for his work so that when his debt was paid he could live on his own. He grabbed the pouch and picked up the holopad, a gift from his late father containing information from the Jedi Archives. It wasn't anything secret, just general knowledge and history of the Mandalorian Wars and of the Jedi Knight Revan and his rise and fall from grace. He smiled at the sentiment and he continued on to his sister's room.

It was located right next to his and since they were so close, they never really kept anything hidden from one another. He knew that she kept her locker underneath her bed and he opened it, grabbing her amount of credits and a bracelet of special design she had received while she tutored at the Temple. He was the one who worked in the Archives, but while she helped out she was under the wing of one of the Jedi Historians. Even though they were not Jedi or force sensitive, they were never treated differently at the Temple. They were treated like people, and to Nevalin they were his family. He grabbed her bag out of the closet and put her stuff inside.

Ryson proceeded to go outside but he stopped in front of Nevalin's door, turning his head towards it. "I grabbed the holocrons, but..." He wouldn't;t feel right if he didn't retrieve the last item that was left of their step dad. He pushed the door open after a struggle, seeing a beam had fallen in front of it. He stepped in and he fell to his knees in front of the locker. He opened it with shaking hands and the last item inside had been the gray robes of the Jedi Master. It was very intricate with many different sashes and pieces to the outfit. A tear fell from his face and he stripped off his regular farmers clothes and replaced them with the intricate robe of the Jedi. He emerged from the room filled with a new sense of purpose and strength, as if Nevalin was watching him. Travel to Ossus... The order repeated over and over in his mind but what could he accomplish from going to a dead planet? He decided not to question the wisdom of his father and would respect his final wish.

He walked out of the rubble and looked over to see his sister leaning against a partial wall of the fallen house. "What is our next move?" She asked hollowly.

"We need to leave Treum. We find a ship and we set course for Ossus..." He replied, throwing his sister her bag.

"Ossus? The dead world that once held the Great Jedi Library? Why would we go there?" She asked, a general sense of curiosity in her tone.

"It is what his last words to me were. I intend to honor them."

She nodded, understanding his determination. It took an hour but they managed to bury the dead Jedi and had a small time of silence and a few words. Marking the grave, they walked away and prepared the speeder. When Ryson was retrieving the bag he had dropped before, a twinkle caught his eye and he walked to where the door had once been. In shattered pieces, Nevalin's lightsaber laid like a ghost of what had once been there. He raised an eyebrow and swiped away some of the remains and a white focusing crystal was in the middle of the pile. Though the entire lightsaber was destroyed this one part had managed to survive, a sign that his father was not truly dead to him. Elira looked at him take the crystal. "Never know." He said, placing the crystal in his pack.

He slung the pack on his back, filled with the holocrons, credits and some spare food that was still salvageable. Elira did not protest one bit and climbed on the back of the speeder as Ryson mounted it. He started it up and the speeder went blasting forward.

upload_2014-12-14_0-11-8.jpeg

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
The two twins sped on in the darkness of the planet, their destination was what could be considered the capital of Treum. All it consisted of was a large settlement with a makeshift star port and Czerka branch office. The made good way during the night but had to stop as Elira began to nod off and would rather stop than risk her falling. The speeder came to a stop and it descended to the ground, resting there. Turning of the engine, he picked her up with ease and laid her against the bike, and sat next to her. She put her head on his shoulder and she was fast asleep. He tried his best to sleep as well but it was to no avail. He instead closed his eyes and began to meditate like he had so many times with Nevalin at the Temple. His mind wandered, memories and pictures coming and going like the water of a river and dialogue that was jumbled together and hard to make out a singular voice. None of the voices were familiar to him but it was like he could reach out and grab them.

He was shaken awake by his sister and when he looked up the sun was slowly coming over the horizon. This was the usual time they would have waken up so it was no wonder that his sister was up. They ate a messily meal consisting of cold gizka jerky and some bread. They climbed onto the speeder, stiff from the night of sleeping against it and began the final trek of their journey. They arrived at the small city and came to a stop on the outskirts. Pooling together their credits, they found out that they had around 10,000 credits all together exactly. They went to the near by mechanic shop and managed to get another 7,000 credits for the speeder. With their large sum of money, they proceeded on foot to the star port to find a ship to either buy or find a way off the planet.

It was not particularly full but the port was still teaming with life as droids and different species came in and out. They walked a bit and found a gruffy looking Toydarian screaming something in one of the lobbies of the star port. They approached and heard what he was preaching about. He wings flapping behind him he was yelling out. "Come on, it is a nice ship! It is a premium freighter with a full tank! Only 100,000 credits." No one paid any mind to the Toydarian and he cursed under his mouth and saw Ryson looking at him. "You there, boy. are you interested in buying a Dynamic class freighter off me for a moderate price!"

Ryson walked up to him but was stopped by a bystander. "Don't trust him, the alien is nuts." The man whispered and walked away.

The Toydarian waved the man off and looked at Ryson with a curious eye. "If it was so premium then why are you selling it on a planet like this?"

"Because I am a holder of a Czerka trading license and I figured profit was bountiful on this prime piece of land." The alien looked away. "Piece of floating debris..." He coughed.

"If that was true then why is your main selling point a full tank?"

The Toydarian stopped flapping his wings and he fell over. He got up and brushed the dirt off him, only seeming to make things worse for his clothes. "Are you stupid boy, haven't you heard? The Peragus mining facility was blown up by a maniac and fuel prices have sky-rocketed!"

A worried look appeared on Ryson's face. He knew the Peragus facility alright. It was what provided fuel to the Telos Citadel Station. "Even if that is true, it doesn't make a ship worth 100,000 credits. If you can't make a better offer I can find a better seller."

"There are no other sellers boy! I am the only one with a ship and the price is final." The flying alien gave a hard look at Ryson but his stomach had rumbled and he looked down in surprise. "Okay, I will lower the price to 50,000!"

Ryson turned and started to walk away, the Toydarian looking away in panoc at loosing his money and he fly after him. "Maybe I was being a bit hasty...how about 20,000?"

Ryson stopped in his tracks and looked at the alien. "10,000..."

The alien shook his head. "No, 20,000 is the lowest I am willing to go!"

Ryson was about to just to give up when Elira walked up. "How about a game of dice? If you win, the price is 20,000 and we even pay for you lunch." The alien's eyes lit up but Elira stopped him. "If we win however, we pay 5,000 and we will even still pay for lunch."

"Make it 10,000 and you have a deal!" He shouted excitingly and looking at Ryson, he nodded at his sister. "Lets play then."

The flying alien took out his dice and he gave a cocky smile. "Red I win, Green you win." He tossed the dice and watched them roll across the floor. A worried look came on Elira's face as it looked like the dice would land on red. Ryson stared at the dice and for a second is was if he felt something flow from him and the dice finally stopped. Green. The Troydarian was about to scream and he waved off the twins. "Bay 2-A, and I expect that lunch!"

Ryson handed the Troydarian the credits and the last of their food and left the space port to get some supplies. The went to the Czerka office and went to the requisitions officer. Using the last of their credits, Ryson had bought another outfit, a black Corellian flight suit, and even bought Elira some clothes, along with some food and other supplies. Broke and now ready for the journey they proceeded to docking bay 2-A. Just like the alien had said, the ship was there and waiting. It was a black and grey Dynamic class freighter. They walked up the ramp and looked around the layout. It was used but still in good condition though the smell was less then favorable. Ryson and Elira had both taken bunks on the other sides of the ships and got changed into their new clothes. They met up in the cockpit and Ryson sat down as Elira typed in the coordinates for Ossus.

Ryson spread his hands around the console and controls, getting a feel for his new ship. "I am surprised the Troydarian was actually truthful. Nice condition, full tank. Not very often you find one that is truthful." Elira said.

"They may not be truthful but they always pay their debts eventually. It is a pride thing with them, that and money of course." He responded.

She took her spot in the co-pilot's chair and swiveled to face the front of the controls. "Here we go Ryson. It seems like forever since we were last on our own...I miss him so much." She said looking down.

"I do to sis...I do to." He started up the engines and retracted the ramp, and the ship began to take off. The twins blasted off into the air, leaving behind their lives and the closest thing to a family they had.

*Note* Pay no mind to the characters wearing the clothes, they are not Ryson and Elira
Ryson's Flight Suit
Corellian_Flight_Suit_front.jpg

Elira Normal Attire
swtor-atton-rands-armor-pursuers-bounty-pack1.jpg

Flight Attire (Pants and shoes are not that horrible yellow, but just a plain black.)
swtor-canderous-ordos-armor-set-hotshots-starfighter-pack.jpg
upload_2014-12-14_1-3-58.jpeg
images

Grelite

Ferona stared at her Mentor’s damaged armour deposited on the seat across from her as she went over what happened on Treum. It was the first time she had had more than ten metres between herself and a strong Dark Side presence when she was lurking around in the darkness on the ship. Between her leaving the house and her Master unleashing his full power she had felt a weight lift from her mind for the first time in a long time and it was not until Thaurr returned to the ship that the whispers in her mind returned.

She was startled by the sound of the door opening as Thaurr stepped into the compartment. “They are pleased to hear the news of a Jedi Master having breathed his last back home.” The old Draethos pushed the armour off of the seat and sat down, staring intently at his apprentice. “You should get some rest, we hunt a new target tomorrow.” Ferona closer her eyes trying to find clarity in her mind. “It was you, wasn’t it?”, she said in a low voice. Thaurr tilted his head, wondering what she was talking about. “You were the voice in my head telling me to kill my Mentor.”

Silence fell through the ship, even the whispers in her mind seemed to go quiet. “You know what we do, Apprentice. We manipulate and cull the weak, all for power. I gave you an opportunity to leave your weakness behind and you took it.” Thaurr leaned forward. “I gave you a means to power, something to draw strength from.”

Ferona opened her eyes, glaring at her Master. “So what of the boy? You took away his guidance and then let him be. Why did you let him live if you were not going to recruit him?” “Surely you heard his threats, Ferona. Unlike you he had a goal after losing his guide. Revenge.” Thaurr stood up and moved toward the door. “His hatred and anger will be his downfall and when he is surrounded by darkness, we will guide him to the right path.” As the door closed behind her Master she felt the whispers return, telling her the Jedi forced the Sith into doing what they do. Ferona lied down and tried to sleep.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Journey to Ossus Part 1

As the ship came out of hyperspace, the dead planet of Ossus came into view. Elira went over to the navicomputer and brought a map of the planet. "The ruins of the Jedi Library is here." She pointed on the map. "From some of the archaeological notes of the ruins, it is protected by a force sensitive tribal species known as the Ysanna. They are descendants of the Jedi who got left behind when the Cron Cluster was destroyed. Apparently they are very adamant when it comes to safeguarding it's secrets so caution is advised. I wonder why Dad wanted us to go here?"

Ryson turned in his chair and stared at his sister. "Does it matter? He told us to come here so we are here."

"That is true, but I am just curious what these people are hiding in there..." She trailed off as her thoughts speculated.

"Doesn't matter, if they get in our way we will force our way through." He replied with a flat tone.

Elira gave her brother a distraught look. "This isn't like you Ryson! I know that you miss Dad, I do also but you are not like this."

Ryson looked at her with a stern look. "That bastard killed our father. I can never forgive him! I won't stop till I avenger Nevalin!"

Elira walked up to Ryson and she slapped him across his face, causing him to look at her with shock and rubbing his raw cheek. "How dare you disrespect his memory like that! Do you think that he would want you running off for revenge! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

Ryson looked down and he put his head in his hands. Elira hugged her brother and she stroked his growing hair. "I miss him too but we can't let our emotions change us. If all we do is fight for revenge then we hollow ourselves out, and when that revenge is finally taken you realize that you have nothing left then your empty desire. I don't want to see you become that." She pulled back and gave him a sweet smile. "We can change our future together. You don't carry this burden alone."

He smiled at his sister's optimism and he gave her a hardy nod and turned back to the controls. The ship came down in the atmosphere hitting a lot of turbulence as a storm was beginning to take hold. It was touch and go as the two tried to pilot clear of the thick clouds and cracking lightning. The ship took more than a few hits and after a precise strike on the shields they began to give out. Cursing loudly Ryson did his best to look for a spot to land and found a large canyon a few miles away and proceeded to move there for cover. Turning on the forward lights the ship descended into the tight space and landed in a large enough opening to contain the ship. The twins powered down the systems and proceeded to the engine room.

"Well some of the engine components are fried and it appears some of the auxiliary systems were overloaded. It will take a while to repair and charge up but nothing out of my capacity." Elira went through a jumble of wires and a spark came out causing her to jump back and wave her hand in the air. "Hopefully..." She turned to her brother and sighed in frustration. "You can go on ahead, I will try and see what I can do." When Ryson tried to protest she rolled her eyes and shoved him out the door and closed the door behind him.

"Fine! Be like that." He rubbed the back of his neck. "If I had a hydrospanner I swear I would knock you upside the..." A loud bang from the door caused him to jump and walk away in a sense of depression that he lost an argument that really wasn't there to begin with. It is always an uphill battle with her. He went to his bunk and changed into the robes and strapped his sword to his back. He dropped the ramp and walked out of the ship, the wind still strong even though they were in a canyon.

He pulled up the hood and walked out. He brought up a holopad with the local map on it and he continued on in the direction that the library was thought to be. He tried to scale up the sides of the canyons but the slopes were too steep and not enough footholds prevented him from making any real progress. He decided to follow the canyon farther down and he managed to find a place in the rocks where it was somewhat climbable.

Making his way to the top he pulled himself up and took in just how barren the planet face was. No foliage or anything but it was to be expected when something incinerated the entire surface of the planet. There were bad radiation zones located all over but the map detailed all the major ones that were known. He walked for miles and the massive structure finally had come into view and the grandness of the Jedi Library was not exaggerated. He braced himself when he approached the library as he knew the native Ysanna would be watching him closely.

He nearly reached the first of the steps when an unexpected sound pierced through the wind. The hissing of a lightsaber was not far off and Ryson rolled to the side as the green blade came down. He retched free his vibrosword and faced the robed man. The man held his lightsaber at his waist at had the point near his chin, a stance that was not used by many. Ryson took held the sword pointed down and had his right foot behind him as he waited for the enemy to make a move. Ryson wondered why his opponent wasn't moving and just sensed the rock as a it slammed in the ground next to him as he side stepped to the left.

The man took advantage of this and approached Ryson with amazing speed. He had to think quickly as he slightly stumbled and seeing the point of his sword in the loose dirt he twisted to his left spraying dirt in the attacker's direction and allowed himself to fall down as the blinded opponent fell over him. He rolled to the right and held his sword in a ready position as the person jumped to their feet. The person did something even more unexpected from Ryson as a second blade appeared from the kicked up dirt behind him, this time the blade purple and from a double bladed lightsaber. His eyes widened as the two approached him at once, seemingly in sync as they moved their blades for the killing blow. Ryson acted on instinct and went for the single bladed wielder. Their two blades struck together again and again as Ryson unleashed a flurry of strikes at the man as the other figure quickly gained ground. After barely blocking a series of strong blows from the man he manged to swing his leg and round house kicked the person as he turned to meet the next opponent.

This time he took to the defensive as the two blades descended on him in a whirl of purple. A few light grazes hit his clothes and seared the edges of them but his defense held. When the current opponent left an opening, Ryson had pressed it hard each time. He managed to knock away the person's lightsaber and got in close for an elbow to the jaw and a jump kick to the chest causing them to tumble down the slight hill they found themselves on. The first enemy appeared once more but instead of using his lightsaber he sent out a large wave of force energy and sent Ryson flying backwards. He laid sprawled on the ground near the second enemy with the double bladed lightsaber sitting inactivated between them. The two seemed to look at each other through their hoods and made a scramble for the weapon. They met at the same time.

Ryson countered the person's unarmed strikes with ease and went through a routine that was eerily familiar to him. A couple of blows were aimed at his thigh and shoulders but he slapped them away easily and used his palm to strike the person back long enough to back up the purple double blade and roll backwards as the green blade descended where he had been. He put his foot under his blade on the ground and kicked it up to his hand as the larger man put a hand on his ally's shoulder and turned to him. I have to use the technique, I can't last much longer like this. I need to finish this in one fell swoop. Though the two blades felt awkward in his hands, he activated the top half of the purple blade and brought his up with it.

The man bolted at him as predicted and he advanced as well as their blades met. He swung in a wild fashion but it had an almost organized feel to it as the two blades moved in sync as if it was a dance of death. The two clashed, Ryson bringing his blades in an X pattern as the other man pressed directly down on the blade. This close up to the man's face he saw perfectly well who was hidden behind the hood. Concealed underneath was a weathered old face with white hair and a beard coming off. What distinguished him though was a large scar running diagonally across his face. Ryson's eyes widened and he kicked the man's left leg, causing it to buckle and he kicked him back. The man's blade deactivated as it hit the ground and the second person ran to his side. He deactivated the purple blade and fell to a knee in exhaustion. The second person looked at him and picked up their friend's blade and slowly approached. He threw the lightsaber in their direction and looked up squinting. "Stop this...I am not your enemy."

The oncoming person responded and like he predicted, it was feminine. "You came here to plunder the Great Library and we won't let that happen."

Ryson gave a smirk as the woman was right on top of him and he took off his hood smiling. "You always were a stubborn one Asha..."

Last edited:

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Journey to Ossus Part 2

The girl pulled down her hood and gave a beaming smile as she basically jumped on Ryson. "Ryson! I didn't know it was you! What were you doing you could have died or..." She gave him a hard look. "Worse yet you could have killed me!" She yelled slapping his chest.

Ryson laughed and pushed her off of him and sat up wiping a tear from his eye. "I didn't know if you escaped the purge or not. I haven't seen you since the day we left the Temple so..."

Asha held up a hand, a stern look as she looked around. "Where is Elira? I thought you two were inseparable?" She stated proudly lightly punching his shoulder.

"Back on the ship. Our engine was damaged a bit in the coming storm and we are kind of stuck for the moment." He hugged his dark skinned friend and sat back. "I never thought you would be in a place like this, what are you doing here?"

The old man walked forward and looked at Asha. "Who is this boy? Why do you talk as if he is a friend?"

Asha quickly scampered up and bowed to the old man. "He is a friend Master. His name is Ryson sir, he used to work in the Jedi Archives with his twin sister Elira. He is an old friend who has saved my skin more than once."

The old man gave Ryson a hard look of distrust, one that he didn't like at all. "Do you have no respect boy? Do you know who I am?"

Ryson returned the look and he stood up. "Jedi Counselor Aki Un' Relouch, a Zabrak warrior who left the Jedi Order after the Mandalorian Wars. You were pronounced dead after you completely vanished from all Republic channels. I guess this is where you were."

The old Jedi pulled of his hood, revealing his long, unkempt horns and flowing white hair. "You know who I am though I cannot say the same to you boy."

"I came to the Temple on Coruscant after you had left. I am not surprised you do not know me, neither does Asha entirely but you may know my step-father."

Asha looked at him in surprise and rose an eyebrow. "Who is that Ryson?"

He looked both at Asha and Relouch. "Nevalin Orrak."

The old man's face lightened as soon as he heard the name and Asha's mouth fell. "Nevalin!? Of course I know him, I helped train him for a while. He was a dear student to me. How is he?"

All Ryson did was have to look down and the old man knew immediately knew the harsh truth. Asha walked up to Ryson and put a hand on his shoulder. "That explains why you are here. Nevalin was one of the few people who knew that I came here. Did he explain why you had to come here Ryson?"

He noted the fact that he didn't call him boy but he shook his head. "All he said was that I had to learn the truth. Whatever that means?"

The old man took a shaky seat on a near by rock and gave a sad look. "It saddens me that he is dead but I can answer your question. Before I left I told him that if he ever had a student that he couldn't train he would send them here. I never thought he would actually do it but it was the least I could do to make up for the fact that I left."

Ryson raised an eyebrow and pulled away from Asha and walked up to the man. "What do you mean train? I learned some sword play at the temple but I never had any training. What does this mean?" He blurted out pointing his hand at the man in confusion.

"It means that you a force sensitive Ryson, one that could be trained in the ways of the Jedi."

Last edited:

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Journey to Ossus Part 3

His expression changed from one of confusion to one of a mix of surprise and excitement. "What do you mean a Jedi? I just worked in the archive. Why wasn't I told about this before?" he said out loud, shaking his head in confusion.

"I would not know that answer but all I know is that I offered help and I will be willing to begin you on your way for an old friend." He slowly came to his feet and he moved towards the library. "When I first came here I was confronted by the Ysanna and had to prove I was worthy of entering the library. Though I nearly lost my life, I managed to defeat the chief and I was granted access. They watch us even now," He waved his hand over the hills and Ryson could make out the people in the hills. "I am a friend of theirs so they will not harm us should we enter though I advise you do not wander to far or touch anything. These people are temperamental to outsiders and tend to be sensitive when it comes to safe guarding it's secrets."

The walked up the large steps into the building and Ryson looked around in amazement as their footsteps clattered against the stones. "If the Order still stood you would more than likely be turned away from Jedi training for your age. The older someone is the more susceptible to the dark influence they become. Even I would turn you around if you weren't Nevalin's step son, though the considering the Council's stubbornness I am surprised they even allowed him to adopt children."

They descended down a long hallway and appeared in a sanctum of sorts that looked like the Council room back in the Temple where he was taken to be reviewed when he first arrived along with Elira though they were separated into different sessions. "This sanctum is where your you will find what you seek. Meditate in the center of it and focus your mind. When your test is complete, move into the next room."

Ryson nodded and he entered the room. The doors shut ominously behind him and he jumped back in surprise. He proceeded to the middle of the room and got to his knees, like he had so many times before when he was with his father. He let out a sigh and he closed his eyes. He tried his best to open his mind but like so many times before he found it hard to concentrate on the task and relax.

He thought about all the times he was scolded by the old man for not keeping his posture or fidgeting around like he would call a toddler. He always hated those arguments when they happened but now that Nevalin was dead he couldn't help but feel like he wished he could go back. Even to go back to that day he stormed off even when he was clearly in the wrong. He had never even gotten the chance to apologize to the old man. We can change our future together. You don't carry this burden alone. His sister's words came to the forefront of his mind and he couldn't help but feel relief from them. Even though he was technically the oldest, she had always been his moral guide and support through out their ordeals. They survived Ryloth because they had each other and nothing would ever take the two apart. As long as he felt he had his sister, he had all he needed in the galaxy.

It was then that he felt his mind start to release and images came into his mind like a dream he was watching. He saw the rolling plains of Treum and the collapsed ruins of their home. He saw the grave of his father and the Toydarian trying to scam a free meal. He then could see Elira in the engine room working on the engine with sweat on her head and her shirt damp looking. His images then took a dark turn as he began to hear distant screaming and the hiss of a lightsaber and a whirl of red. He saw fire and could feel the desperation in the air as death came from all around. He heard a dark voice that he couldn't place and could feel a cold chill in the air. He then saw another planet, much like Treum there was sprawling hills and large animals flying in the sky. He felt as if his mind started to slip and he felt almost sleepy. Don't give up Ryson. I believe in you... The voice of his father drew a well of emotions from deep inside him and the sense of nothingness was soon pushed away and overcome. He felt happy and sad, confused and scared as he felt like he could feel everything and nothing all at once. He felt apart of something greater than himself and when he opened his eyes a door on the other side of the room opened.

He stood on trembling knees and moved to the now accessible room. Inside was a collection of datacrons and holocrons alike as well as multiple layers of shelves and old containers. He felt the call of something from across the room and proceeded to move aside different chests and pots to reveal a small box with layers of old dust on top. He opened in and inside was a glowing white crystal that seemed to glow slightly. It reminded him of the same crystal that he found in Nevalin's destroyed lightsaber and when he brought it out of his robe the two crystals seemed to react with one another, both glowing with a little white glow. He pocketed the crystals and walked out of the room and met up with the Zabrak knight. "What have you found young one?"

Ryson told him about what he saw, leaving out the part about the death and carnage that he saw from his vision. "Then you have past the test. It was to test your conviction to the light and your ability in the Force. From your description of the planet it sounds like Dantooine. There is a ruined Jedi Temple there from when Malak bombed it so if your vision showed you Dantooine then that must be where your journey will lead next."

Ryson nodded and he brought out the crystals once more. "Those crystals are very rare indeed. They are unlike any other crystals that they Jedi know of. They form bonds with their owners and the simple fact you have two is simply unheard of. Whether your father's crystal has bonded to you through your relationship with Nevalin or some unknown reason this fact is clear. You have a strong affinity with the Force Ryson, do not waste that potential."

"I won't. I promise you."

The old master shook his head. "Don't promise me, promise yourself.

The pair exited the library and Asha met them at the steps with a white astromech droid.

"I guess this will be goodbye for now Ryson. I want you to take T3-H7 here with you. He was on the ship I came in but it is in no shape to run and I do not need him. Take him with you and put him to good use."

The droid chirped cheerily and he smiled at the small droid. "Welcome aboard T3-H7."

The droid spun his head happily and the old knight put a hand on Ryson's shoulder. "I wish you luck in your journey son. Nevalin must have had a great amount of faith in you so I hope I am right when I say I have the same."

Ryson thanked the pair and pulled up his hood, him and the droid going back to the ship.

Grelite

“You were surprised and tossed around by a farm boy!” Thaurr was not going easy on Ferona, swinging his lightfoil down hard against her raised blade. With every strike she could feel her arms weaken as sparks flew around her. When her Master’s blade came down against she pushed it aside with the last of her strength and collapsed. “You of all people should know how to observe, know when your opponent knows you.” He turned away from Ferona, his hands crossed behind his back. “Test your opponent without being tested and do not linger.”

With sudden ferocity Ferona jumped up and swung at her Master as his back was turned. Though she made contact the blade would not pass through; Thaurr had caught the blade in his hands once more without so much as turning around. “That is not very diplomatic of you.”, Thaurr pushed Ferona back onto the ground with little effort, “I like it.” With a simple gesture he pulled the hilt from her hands, inspecting it as he had done when he first trained her. “I never know what to make of you. Whether you test me, expecting me to catch your blade, or whether you genuinely wish to strike me down.” Ferona got up, catching the hilt as the old Draethos tossed it toward her. “Either way, it gives me hope that I did not make a mistake by taking you on.”

Grelite

“Have I ever told you the legend of Kur-Thosa and Tun-Drae?” Despite Thaurr’s presence, Ferona felt fairly clearly minded at this time. She shook her head at the question her Master posed, curious what tale followed from the old Draethos. “It is a tale all Draethos hear and it is this legend that has inspired countless generations of warriors.” Ferona could feel images appear in her mind of a barren landscape of a planet she had never seen before.

“In olden times the lands were segregated, parted into the Thosan Mountains and the Riverlands of Drae. It was deep within the caverns of Thosan where born from the mountains was Kur-Thosa, the Immovable Warrior. Nothing that prowled the peaks and caverns could topple Kur-Thosa and he stood as a beacon of power for the Thosan Mountains. To prove his strength to the powers that awoken him he traveller to the Riverlands of Drae planning to face the force of the mighty rivers.

“But word travelled quickly on the wind, all knew of Kur-Thosa’s plan. It was then that from the Riverlands of Drae the Unstoppable Warrior was brought into existence. Tak-Drae they called her. She bore the strength of all the rivers in the Riverlands and was to face Kur-Thosa on the borders of parted lands. The world held its breath as both warriors first locked eyes.

“They stared at once another, immovable object about to meet unstoppable force, none knew what would happen. When Tak-Drae charged in and Kur-Thosa braced the greatest spectacle known to time took place. As the Unstoppable collided with the Immovable all the lands folded together around them and when the dust settled all the world was changed and the warriors were gone.

“From then on rivers flowed from all the mountains and unstoppable force and immovable object could never be separated again. In the dawn of this new world, warriors were born with both essence of Kur-Thosa and Tak-Drae, the people of Draethos, who could grasp the power of both mountain and river and all knew these warriors would not fall and could not be stopped.”

Thaurr sighed, the images fading from Ferona’s mind. “It is of course a fairly tale,” Thaurr almost seemed disheartened by his own sober vision, “but it is what all of us aspire to become. And to become that unstoppable force, we have to be an immovable object; to be an immovable object, an unstoppable force.” It was strange for Ferona to get a look into the mind of what she revered to be a madman, but it made her curious about the culture her Master had once participated in. “Get your rest, tomorrow we-” “we fight more Jedi, I got it.” Thaurr was a little surprised by Ferona speaking up, but simply nodded and returned to his quarters.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Disturbing Premonitions

A funnel of blue surrounded the ship as the jump into hyperspace surrounded the vessel. Ryson sat in the captain's chair with a tired expression on his face. He rubbed his sore eyes and realized that he hadn't slept since the twins had left Treum, which had been two days ago. It seemed to be years away since they left their home but the mission set out before him was all the motivation Ryson needed to continue on. Elira walked in the cockpit and gave a soft smile as she sat across from her brother. "Go get some sleep Ryson, I can pilot the ship until we come out of the jump."

Ryson only half acknowledged her presence and he only replied with a half spirited grunt. She pulled her brother out of the chair and helped to support him. "You need to sleep Ryson. We can't have you exhausted when we reach Dantooine." She moved him to the port dormitory where his bunk was located. She laid him down and he grabbed her arm as she turned to leave and he pulled her close. "I...need to...thank you...E-Elira. I wouldn't be able to...go on without my sister." She smiled softly and kissed her brother's forehead. "Go to sleep Ryson."

She left the dorm and shut the door, walking back to the cockpit where she saw an eager T3 unit. "I've got it little guy. I will be sure to call you if I need help though, okay?"

The tiny machine gave a disappointed beep and rolled out of the room leaving Elira to her thoughts.

Ryson stood atop a hill in a place he had never seen before. He looked up into the night sky and could see there was smoke billowing in the distance. He moved to go investigate and when he reached the source he could see a smoldering ruin of a house with carbon scoring riddling what hadn't been completely burned.

Burned bodies laid silent in the ruins though he could hear their faint screams, like tiny phantoms in the back of his mind. A girl was laying on the ground not far away, a wound in her head with dried blood coming from the little gash. She had light blonde hair and her skin looked almost a dead pale. Ryson tried to go and help the girl but he soon realized he could not move, almost as if this was...a dream.

It made no sense however he didn't feel like he was dreaming and his senses were all too real. He could smell the stench of burning bodies and a cool breeze in the air. He bent down and touched the girl's arm. It was like stone to the touch. A body should never be that cold, there is no way she is alive. He stood up and looked around, taking note of the surrounding area. There were no distinguishable features but a lake that seemed to sparkle in the moon and star light. He looked once more at the girl's face and he could feel as if he was being swept away on a current, the dream fading away.

Ryson slowly opened his eyes and sat up. He rubbed his sore shoulder and cracked a stiff neck and he carefully slid out of his bed, his legs wobbly. He made his way to the cockpit and found that his sister was in the captain's chair looking out in the blue funnel. She turned and saw her brother and gave a wide smile. "Look who finally awoken. You were asleep for so long I was getting worried."

He sat down in the adjoining chair and spun to his sibling. "How long was I out? I feel like I came out of the wrong side of a rancor fight."

She smirked and put a finger on her chin. "It has been about 15 hours. I even took a break to sleep shortly after you and had T3-H7 pilot for a bit."

15 hours. I guess two days without sleep will do that to you. "How long until we reach our destination?"

She got up and looked at the terminal on the wall and turned to her brother. "About another hour or two so we have time to kill."

"Good, I need something to eat and I need to change out of the robes."

"Sounds good. Pazaak afterwords?"

"Of course."

images

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Journey to Dantooine Part 1

Ryson watched as the ship dropped out of hyperspace with a flash and the grassy planet of Dantooine. The ship rumbled towards the surface, the twins were planning to land in Khoonda, the central hub of the local government since the bombing of the Jedi Academy five years prior. Dantooine was a Republic world that was very centralized around farming but looters and mercenaries have been using the planet for other purposes like plundering the secrets of the long dead academy.

With permission they were allowed to land. With a jolt it powered down and the twins moved to the landing ramp and exited. From the moment they stepped out of the ship it was apparent that something was off about the place. Carbon scoring was all over the walls and ground along with multiple craters where explosions had gone off. He walked over to a roaming droid and it explained everything. Militant forces had assaulted Khoonda in hopes that they could take control of Dantooine for the Czerka Corporation.

With the help of an unknown woman the Khoonda militia had beat back the attackers and had left not to long ago after her mission was complete. It was not incredibly helpful but at least it explained the mess. The twins moved to the front of the building and entered into the administrative building. Ryson approached the woman behind the desk and she gave him a cautious look. "May I help you sir?"

"Yes, I was just wondering if I could have an audience with the person in charge here, I need to enter the Jedi Temple ruins."

She gave him a puzzled look and it quickly turned to anger. "We don't need anymore looters on our planet. You do not need permission to enter the ruins but I would recommend staying away from there. A Jedi came by not to long ago and helped save this place from falling. The settlers have taken it upon themselves to oversee restoration in honor of the Jedi and would not take kindly to scavengers." Without another word she turned away from him, signaling that the conversation was over.

The twins walked away from the desk and Ryson put a contemplative hand on his chin. "Well that lead is a no go. I don't want to have to trespass to get into the ruins but that is the only place I can think of where we might find out some leads or if we are lucky, finally some answers." There is the possibility that that place and girl from my dream could be something but now is not the place to bring that up.

"Well then why don't we sneak in when the settlers are away? We sneak in in the cover of dark, search for whatever we came here for and sneak out before the break of dawn. Who would know?" Elira gave a mischievous smile; the thought of doing something like that getting her all giddy.

Ryson considered the idea and after thinking it over he finally came to a decision. "Alright. If we do this we do it with caution. I do not want to get anyone hurt."

The other twin nodded and the two went back to the ship and prepped it for an extended stay. Elira came up with the idea to stock up on food for the ship and she went out to buy from the local farmers. With Ryson alone on the ship along with the droid he set up his feet and he nodded off.

Ryson walked down the halls of the dark and shadowy ruins and his steps were light so that the nearby kinraths would not be alerted to his presence. He turned into an open door as a pack of the insects came around the corner. He held the blade tight in his hands and cursed lightly as his route was blocked off. Turning around he was met with the end of a hold-out blaster, the as surprising as the fiery blonde behind it.

"Who are you and why are you following me?"

Elira put the groceries on the floor and threw her coat at her sleeping brother as he laid back in the chair. "Why must you always disturb me in the most unexpected ways?" he said pulling the small jacket off of his face and tossing it back at her.

"Because you also fall asleep in places where you make it easy to. Better hope there are no banthas around or you might wake up to an even stinkier surprise."

"You wouldn't really do that would you?"

She smiled and walked to the cargo hold with the groceries she had picked up from the ground. He wiped his face and looked over at the droid who had wheeled into the room. He got an idea and he put his hand on the droid. "Come on you. I have a surprise I want to show you."

He brought the droid to a parts dealer outside the Khoonda building a put a hand on the droids head. "Fix him up good, If this little is going to be running with us I want him to be in shape."

The Sullustan droid merchant spoke in his native language and after a little botched translation he just simply nodded and gave Akkere permission to take the droid. Ryson walked away and stretched out his arms as he tried to prepare himself for the coming mission.