DAYZ IS COMING BACK

raymond

KingsEntourage
We are making a new server for DayZ. My intention was to eventually expand with the help of Cypher and Cruber after seeing the success that they were having. Hopefully doing different maps and such. But now that they unfortunately decided to leave I will start off by trying to retain some members from theirs into a chernarus map. From there I will be getting a few server boxes of my own and expanding GrayLinesGaming. This will be expensive but I feel that it is worth it to keep the community going. Let me know what you guys think. Tell me what you would like to see there are tons of things i can add in if you want. We will be doing some sort of donation in order to get special things but because the new server will be starting from vanillla we will not be offfering the same deals or the same things that cypher and cruber did. Everyone make sure to thank them for their time and effort on the DayZ server. They worked very hard to keep everyone happy.

Reactions: Max

raymond

KingsEntourage
Also we aren't going to have these sniper load-outs but there will be some load out options that you may purchase through small donations. We are not sure what we are going to do yet. So because of this we are looking for suggestions of what options would be. I was thinking of some clan packages where you get a couple tents and custom skins. Or maybe you could purchase vehicle spawns or something. I am not sure but for a while there will NOT be an iron dome. Because of this I have decided to make things a one time purchase not a per month payment.

V

Von Braun

Or why not, just no buying load outs? Not everyone likes the option, and could be the reason why server wasn't all that populated, because they cry pay to win. I mean after all, its Day Z....A mod where its survival, and a big point in the game is to make your ass go searching for gear/loot.

J. Hembree

Considering how GLG treated Cruber and Cypher, I would need to have a long talk with you raymond before I'd consider it. As shocked as I am that Cruber and Cypher threw in the towel I understand why they did and I know part of it was the GLG admins treated them.

raymond

KingsEntourage
Well thank you guys for the good luck. And those who are leaving I am sad to see any member go. Feel free to leave some suggestions on things we can do to make GLG a better place. I know that because Cypher and Cruber ran a lot of stuff separately that some of my admins has gotten a bad rap because we didn't have a personal relationship. From what I know all of the talking to Cypher and Cruber was all their opinion. To my knowledge nothing was intended to be disrespectful. I personally apologize for any feeling that were hurt in the forums or TS.

GLG's Name has been slightly tarnished due to what is going on and I feel that if you got to know me and Sarge and some of the other people who have been around a long time you would realize that we are trying to make a community for the community.

Now for what the new server will hopefully make it successful. First off I want everything to be completely transparent. I will personally tell you money costs and upgrades that I would like to do if I get donations. Second I am trying to make everything about the server based off from suggestions by the members that want to play. Third I am going to have more people who are will admin the server and will not be clan affiliated. This will hopefully make it so there is no cheating or special treatment. There are many other things that I could express about how I want the server to be run. But what it comes down to is having a community that has a vision and if you want something I will do everything in my power to allow everyone to have fun.

Load outs issue - There will not be Sniper classes or even main weapon guns for load-outs. There will be load-outs such as extra ammo, backpack, maps, and Secondary weapons.

IronDomes- No IronDomes on this server for atleast the time being. I think eventually if this turns out successful I will expand to other DayZ servers which are more PVP clan oriented.

Vehicles and other added things - I will be adding in some new spawn points and extra vehicles. I will attempt to make it the most fun and alter it based off from peoples suggestions.

Skins- Will have skins that will be one time purchase and will have huge discount for clans.

Clan packs- I am planning on doing some Clan packs which get things that are team oriented including all the same skins and tents ect.

Other stuff will be added based off from suggestions of people that play. There will be temporary bans if anyone breaks the rules. "most rules get one warning"

Please feel free to talk to me on TeamSpeak.

Thanks for your time,

Raymond

Nytemarez

my suggestion would be to have members of your "community" that get on dayz before starting a server... 3/4 of ur server traffic was because of the server and honestly most of those ppl wil leave

Corbies

If you could make it anything other than Chernarus, like, have a really high quality iron domed Taviana server? You bet your ass i'd stick around. :D Taviana really rekindled my love of dayz.

Max

If you could make it anything other than Chernarus, like, have a really high quality iron domed Taviana server? You bet your ass i'd stick around. :D Taviana really rekindled my love of dayz.

It would be very hard to have a iron domed Taviana due to it being islands as there is not edge of the map. but I do agree that Taviana is sweet.

Corbies

Well, I don't know then, that's a good point, but my god I just want to play on taviana with the folks I know. ;<

raymond

KingsEntourage
Hmmm. Well eventually if this goes well I will expand to another server with Taviana on it. I also can change to Taviana map on this server easily. So I am not sure what will happen yet. I really like Taviana and will be a focus to look into for the future. After I assess the Chernarus server I will look into it and see if we can maintain 2 servers.

Corbies

I don't mind not having an uber base and what not but I will donate whatever I can to have a taviana server. :D <3

raymond

KingsEntourage
Well I see it thriving due to connections that I have can bring new people in. But I would love to have all of the people from Crubers and Cyphers server to try out our new server. But that is up the them. And I hope that if they leave they find another server that makes them happy.

raymond

KingsEntourage
I did not run the previous server. I was not even a part of the previous DayZ server. I was asked to talk to some of the people I knew to see if they would do a video for the server. I contacted them and they said they were busy at the time but would at some point help. A few of the people I contacted went on the server and found that they did not enjoy the clan based warfare and did not want to push their viewers to a server that wasn't new user friendly. I didn't know that there was problems populating the servers. I was not asked to help other than to contact Linus to make a video. I did check with others while I was at it to try and help out. From what I knew the server was not oriented towards individual members and instead wanted more clans. I am sorry that there was issues populating the server and did not realize that it was an issue.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
How were they treated badly? what the hell has been going on. I leave for 5 minutes...

Lets sort this all out.

ZGLando

I fully support the new DayZ server. Its a whole new group of people hosting it, and personally I can say it will be a fun experience for all. Seeing as i know how these guys are.